Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Guy question

Started by Munique [2126333] on in General Non-related.

23 replies · 402 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Munique [2126333]
I never really understood this.

How guys can be protective over girls they don't really know, but protect then as if they knew them their entire lives?

I'm not sure if I phrased the question correctly but I'm curious about it.
Happymeal [2152818]
White Knight Syndrome. Common side effects include the donning of cheap fedora's, using the phrase 'm'lady' and a sudden interest in swords. Often leads to an awkward moment where they think they're either closer than they thought, or expect something in return...
Lat [1187876]
Men naturally feel protective over women, like women feel naturally protective over children. Regardless of if they know them super well or not.

Perhaps also the ones who do it in Torn maybe dont have a person of the opposite sex to dote on in rl. Or perhaps they do but it adds to the aesthetic that Torn is a different life. Perhaps in real life DUDE is a super polite caring man, alter ego in Torn.
Fatbears [2197270]
A lot of men put women on this pedistle as if they're some paragon of perfection. It's in our evoluationary brains that women are the more important of the sexes. I believe these are connected and part of the animal brains overpowering common sense in some men.

A civilization with 99 men and 1 woman will fail.
A civilization with 99 women and 1 man can succeed.

Or they just want the coochie.
-Jay- [2234445]
Most of these dudes are lonely and or have no social interaction with females in real life. This is their time to shine.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter
I suspect it's the exact opposite. The ones that stand up for women are more likely to be attractive to women.  The ones who are being jerks, demanding nudie pics, being rude, they are probably the same way in person, and less likely to have women interested.

Treating them like crap isn't really the turn on you think it is.
DUDE [1028023]
First of all I do have women irl. In fact i have multiple women irl. lLike 2.

And in TORN, i have like 100 women. And i would defend them like I would defend any of my brothers.
TwstdInsightOut [1893719]
Its a funny thing isnt it?

Men are protective of women,because instinctively we are supposed to be. Women are delicate and we as men are supposed to be their armour.
I dont see a problem with this.

However you have a large group of women nowadays who "are strong" and "dont need a man to protect me". Which is fine. But it's almost breeding quite a negative cesspool of gender division and hatred towards men who naturally want to do those things because it feels right.

One day everyone will be gay and the straight ones will be weird. Population control. Lol
Hemorrhoid [1969864]
I was raised by my mother and two sisters primarily. Now I live with my wife and two daughters.

I wont pretend to be able to explain it, but I do understand it. 




Why do all women have to be crazy though?!

(Jk)




(Not really)
JSnows [14906]
I've found that as i age i tend not to give a f**k, the white knight syndrome tends to wear off with age ...

Maybe i've just become a cranky old man that has lost faith in humanity .Occasionally i find someone that is above average but in general most people aren't worth a fart so why should i care about them? Even more so if I've never met them before .