Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bookie issue?

Started by Jari [1856543] on in Bugs & Issues.

1 replies · 36 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 2 / 2 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
2
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
33 / 100
Historical score
15 / 100
Story score
31 / 100
Engagement score
34 / 100
Jari [1856543]
Edit:
Nevermind.. I think the bookie only counts the first 90 minutes and not the extra time after the second leg.
That would make me lose it fair and square.

So... I spent +-270 million on the football match the Netherlands vs England. On NL to win.
Well, guess what, they won big time. Torn counted it as a draw. What's up with that?

My bets & that I lost

https://imgshare.io/image/screenshot-20190607-001154.52Oje

End result...

https://imgshare.io/image/screenshot-20190607-001310.52aLy
Bantor [2179037]
I put all my money on the Netherlands too (although a lot less compared to Jari). But then the event told me that I lost the bet. The score was 1-1 at 90 minutes, in the extra time 2 goals were scored for the Netherlands, causing them to win the match 3-1.

I expected to get a pay out 3x what I put in, but didn't get the money. This felt wrong, that's why I made this forum post.

Maybe it is an idea to add some kind of warning that the bets in bookie only count the official play time, not the extra time (eventhough the extra time is also part of the match). Is there a way to change this, or is this how BetFair works?

Checking https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2019/jun/06/netherlands-v-england-nations-league-semi-final-live proved to be useless.