Branching off of this: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16093460&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=19285264
Once this gets a few comments/upvotes from the normal API crowd I'll post in bug reports for Ched to review.
Dear 6 pound 8 oz baby Ched,
Please rethink not caching the faction attack data when using a to & from, even if you do it for a week and test the load. I don't think it will be as high stress as you think since only faction's chaining are more than likely using it.
If that's not acceptable, can the 100 limit be raised? With one key, it will take over nearly an hour to pull all the attacks to bring a Live Chain report on TornData to the current 'live' data. If you can raise it to 1k, then it's only 5 mins :)
Or create a new selection, 'fullchain' that only returns the full current chain data and cache it for 10 mins or something acceptable to you.
I'm open for other suggestions (from Ched or anyone else using API). My end goal is only to make Live Chain better for all.
Once this gets a few comments/upvotes from the normal API crowd I'll post in bug reports for Ched to review.
Dear 6 pound 8 oz baby Ched,
Please rethink not caching the faction attack data when using a to & from, even if you do it for a week and test the load. I don't think it will be as high stress as you think since only faction's chaining are more than likely using it.
If that's not acceptable, can the 100 limit be raised? With one key, it will take over nearly an hour to pull all the attacks to bring a Live Chain report on TornData to the current 'live' data. If you can raise it to 1k, then it's only 5 mins :)
Or create a new selection, 'fullchain' that only returns the full current chain data and cache it for 10 mins or something acceptable to you.
I'm open for other suggestions (from Ched or anyone else using API). My end goal is only to make Live Chain better for all.