Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Vault issue

Started by CloudJumper [1636201] on in Bugs & Issues.

18 replies · 210 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
25
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
6
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
49 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

Most-liked replies

CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I have another bug report regarding the Dollar sign mechanism on the company page. Did not want to complicate it and hence filing a new one.

Upon visiting the Vault page the Withdrawal box is filled up with the maximum possible amount which I think is anomalous to the behavior of every other section. If I want to take out the max amount I can always click on the Dollar button. The way it is now, I have to first delete the max filled amount and then enter whatever amount I want to withdraw. Not a big issue, but the Dollar button functionality is kinda redundant in this case. It would help if the box is not auto-filled, just like the Deposit box right next to it.

[image: i.imgur.com]
Stewie [1494547]
It would help if the box is not auto-filled, just like the Deposit box right next to it.

Both fields are auto-filled on the Vault page? Are you saying you think they both shouldn't be?
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Withdrawal is auto filed to max value available in Vault. Deposit field is empty by default.

I am suggesting that both fields should be empty, as the Dollar button on the Withdrawal box already has the functionality to auto fill maximum amount.
Stewie [1494547]
Strange. The Deposit field is not empty by default for me, but I also have money on-hand. (Not any more!)

I'll pass this to Joe for a decision on this anyway, we can see what he thinks.

Thanks.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Oh yes, I double checked, both fields get auto-filled. My bad. Both should be empty by default.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
I would have thought it'd be better to have the values pre-filled for single-click deposits / withdrawals, but sure I've removed the default values so each field is blank. It will be live on Tuesday.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
More than moaning, it was about consistency. I filed a report, if ched disagreed he wouldn't have implemented it. Moreover, if you have an issue with the update just file another report and have it re-looked at. Ched won't be seeing or responding to anything that you post in a Bug marked as "Fixed".
Alec [1782664] Wiki Contributor
What do you mean consistency? Its been changed to the opposite of everywhere else? I understand that the button becomes irrelevant, and having the withdrawal section filled in doesn't make a lot of sense as most people never want to withdraw all of the money in their vault, but the deposit feature was incredibly useful, I do not remember a point at which i only wanted to deposit a certain amount of money to keep some on hand.

Also, since this isn't a bug, we shouldn't be making another report, issues should be available for all players to comment on with judgement made on every ones points, not just yours, and there have been numerous occasions where reports have been fixed and re-opened to be looked at again, which I think should happen in this case. The deposit feature, which in all fairness you didn't file the report about, has been changed because of it, and I believe nearly everyone wants it reverted back to the way it was.
jeen [918581]
Please can we have this changed back to how it was before - it was much more convenient for most users I think .
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Inconsistency = I do not know of any other place where the values are being pre-filled by default. I maybe wrong. The only other sections where we have the dollar sign functionality that is used extensively is the Bounty page (for which I have filed another report yesterday), Company funds and advertisement page (confirmed bug report), Send cash to player page and Trade page. None of these places pre-fill the values and hence there was an inconsistency in the dollar sign feature usage, rendering the dollar button pretty much useless.

I understand that deposit section being pre-filled was a good thing, I never even noticed that I used the pre-filled values so often up until the change was implemented. But you have to agree the Withdrawal section being pre-filled was INCREDIBLY annoying, specially if you are making 50+ transactions per day. You had to delete the pre-filled amount first and then type in correct amount before withdrawing. Dollar sign served literally no purpose here. THIS was what the bug report was all about, I didn't really care about the Deposit function, Ched deemed it appropriate to change both sections. Based on this, if I get a comment like I "moaned" about things to get changes implemented, I am not going to be too happy about it.

Players are unhappy about the Deposit change, sure, file another report to get Ched's attention, it is incredibly rare for a bug report to be re-opened, and this is a very minor issue which I don't think will be re-opened. Or maybe someone can pm Stewie or some other Helper to get this bug re-opened and re-assigned instead of simply bumping it up.

Mentions: Bounty page issue · Company Funds issue

CurrencyTrader [2129257]
Since some update we no longer have auto filled full amount we carry on hand to deposit into out properties vault. Having to manually type this out each time just makes it easier to get mugged. I use Yandex web browser as it it best for mobile browsing with compatible of extensions and no need to zoom in and out of mobile unfriendly sites as Yandex reflows text and pages to make them mobile friendly .