Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Personal Locker

Started by Plague_Doctor [1083237] on in Suggestions.

17 replies · 166 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
38
Authority score
28 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
45 / 100
Engagement score
59 / 100
Plague_Doctor [1083237]
After getting this idea from Global Chat today ( #ShoutoutToGlobalChat ), it got me thinking that since some people have a stockpile of items in their inventory, it's all fine and dandy until it's a stockpile of things that don't stack, meaning mostly weapons and armor, due to their differing stats.
So, instead of smacking all the junk into the display case, I'm thinking ... Personal Locker!

So picture this: You open the Locker, and it shows you for example ONE slide labelled "150x Macana" that you've put there, another slide labelled "420x Coconut Bra". You'd have to click further to unroll it to see all of them, but it's better than having 150 lines of the same item every time you go to your Items section!
It could be located on top of the Items page, just like Display Case and Bazaar access.

Additionally, maybe you could have the ability to sort them by Damage or Accuracy or Protection?

I am not certain about the way of obtaining it, maybe the same way one can get a bazaar, paying some points to unlock it would sound very reasonable to me, it's not for showing off rare items or for running a business, so I would imagine like 25-50 points would be a decent price.

I know that quite a few players have a hobby of hoarding some item of sort or just have a wide selection of them in their inventory. This Locker could help clean up the main page of it, basically being your storage room for your stuff.
My main thought is that it should be for weapons, since they don't stack, but if it would be a general purpose locker for basically everything, so you can additionally ACTUALLY re-purpose your Display Case to display items you want to show off rather than just dump junk there...

What do you think? As usual, poll included, because you people love that stuff.
Your opinions, R+ and bumps are all appreciated!
Plague_Doctor [1083237]
Tell your faction and friends, tell your spouse! The idea how to sort out the junk in their Items page and display case! We need this! (Along with Dark Mode Torn but that's off-topic elsewhere, but YEAH!)
#PersonalLockerHype
HOLUX [509465]


Erm... Don't mean to shit on your parade...

But... Well, you *did* hear of a display cabinet? The option we have from the beginning* of TC (*citation needed)...
Plague_Doctor [1083237]
And not to shit on your argument, but did you even read the article? Because I quite clearly mentioned it a few times, implying Display Cabinet would end up with its normal purpose of displaying items worth displaying, not just a private dump for junk you don't want on your item page.
Plague_Doctor [1083237]
Well I admit I present it like a telemarketer, missing only a PowerPoint presentation lol
But I mean well! It’s for improved user experience and convenience.
Papillon25 [2187105]
I like the idea. Personally I have not bothered with a display cabinet since I didn't have anything worth displaying. I would love to be able to organize my stuff in a different way, rather then having it out there for anyone to see. the items can get cluttered with things you don't need or thing you are randomly collecting. I would use this option if made available!
Papillon25 [2187105]
Sorry, I meant more of don't need at the time. Things you want to hold onto for later. And sometimes things you don't need are still things you want.
Ahab [1735214]
So picture this: You open the Locker, and it shows you for example ONE slide labelled "150x Macana" that you've put there, another slide labelled "420x Coconut Bra". You'd have to click further to unroll it to see all of them, but it's better than having 150 lines of the same item every time you go to your Items section!
It could be located on top of the Items page, just like Display Case and Bazaar access.

Why not just have this in inventory for everyone :O

Instead of having 20 hammers one above the other just have one hammer line you then click to show all the hammers. This UI fix doesn't need to be a new item it just needs to be a general fix to something that is annoying to work around. inb4 bogie opens his sweaty maw
2243422 [2243422]
An idea was previously suggested by Dekloren, and chedburn umm..

[image: cdn.discordapp.com]

Chedburn said:

- It would be yet another area for users to add items to, forget about the area, and then submit bug reports that the items are lost. Another thing staff have to check to locate users missing items.

- Another entire area for us to maintain, and be potentially vulnerable to exploits.

- Very few players would have any use for this.

We can always look at it in the future, but right now, with all of those points made, I'm not really itching to divert resources to build it.


Last edited by Chedburn on 13:51:18 - 21/02/19

This is the link for that ^^:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16075776&b=0&a=0

What I think:
I think chedburn should make the weapons stackable on the display cabinets, like how it is on the items page....



Mentions: Private Storage

KermodeBear [2011760]
I'm not sure how adding a "storage location" value to items and changing the value for an item back and forth is exploitable, but I'm not the most imaginative person in the world when it comes to that. The functionality here doesn't sound much different than that of the display cabinet, except the display cabinet is viewable by the public and the storage locker is not.

It really would be nice to have better item management and personal lockers is a way to tackle that problem. The ability to have multiple lockers, and the ability to name the lockers, would be amazing.

Ched said that he doesn't want to put the resources into this, and that's fine, I wouldn't make this a priority either (there's a lot of other things that are more important), but it would be nice to see some kind of inventory management improvements on the roadmap.