Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Dna weapons

Started by Limpd [789073] on in Technology.

2 replies · 33 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 3 / 3 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
3
Discussion span
→
People posting
3
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
5 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
20 / 100
Engagement score
33 / 100
Limpd [789073]
I've recently read an article on new weapons that can actually attack only people of a certain dna not sure of it was a gas or liquid weapon I imagine it could also attack depending on gender did I just dream this up or do you think some sinister country already has a weapon like this
Xeretrax [2039020]
Well I first heard about this idea in a movie a few years ago ... and tbh I do think its doable. If it does not secretly exist somewhere already.
Its essentially building a dna matching machine into a guns handle, a small injection to draw a drop of blood would be matched against existing approved dna profiles in its database, which should only have a few. So it should give pretty much instant exclusive access.

There is a point where even a bio weapon can be dna programmed to only work against people who have X gene or something.
Prames [2341118]
Sounds possible if there was enough research and money poured into the development. But it's seems risky and very unlikely to occur soon .