Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Chain Reports Showing wrong Dates

Started by LouBaker [1162207] on in Bugs & Issues.

17 replies · 232 views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
7
Likes on archived posts
9
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
45 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
I'm not sure why you'd assume the *Torn* chain report is wrong, but some random user's tool is correct? Nonetheless I'll post a snippet from their thread -

Disclaimer: report creation is a bit tedious with API call restrictions. It has not been tested on large chains (>5k) and with a lot of factions at the same time.

This YATA tool will have just gotten the end date incorrect for whatever reason that may be.

Also..

[image: i.gyazo.com]
LouBaker [1162207]
this is why I didn't want to report it because of people like you

the APIs chain data

"4679318": {
__________"chain": 25000,
__________"respect": 326699,
__________"start": 1553277632, = 22/03/2019 18:00:32
__________"end": 1553931060 = 30/03/2019 07:31:00

you work it out

NB: this forums edit is rubbish compared to the old one
Stewie [1494547]
Looks to me like the end date listed in the API is incorrect.

I'll pass this over to Joe and he can reassign if necessary.

Thanks.
LouBaker [1162207]
APIs have been tested beyond the 5K chain

its not that hard to do, Kivou YATA Tool is pretty accurate and its only people saying things like never been done before cant be trusted that f**ks me off

Iv been matching my hit counts with his and there have only small amounts of different results of 1 or 2 hits between us, but all there depend on the times recorded so they will be different

iv have done my 10k Chain attack list here, iv had to record just like YATA tool the API's attacknewsfull every hour, not every 5 minutes like most of you are doing which is why our APIs are restricted

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Cyl6SpYNbRSp1Nuc5O1Tpp19rhhBaLPRzfq4IpF0y8c/edit#gid=0

it may be short or over a few hits but it is very much accurate
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
You clearly missed my point - it’s not the *Torn* *chain report* that was wrong. It’s perhaps a problem with the ending timecode that the API writes for the chain, sure, but given the report *you* posted it didn’t make any sense for you to just be like ‘oh well the chain report must be wrong’, it took all of five seconds to realise that was kinda nonsense.
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
According to the actual data.

First attack: 22 March 2019 18:00:32
Last attack: 27 March 2019 13:48:28

Result: 4 days, 19 hours, 47 minutes and 56 seconds.

The 'end' timestamp in the API seems to be wrong, due to two additional rows in the chain table which happened after the chain, but somehow include the chain's ID. I'll need to ask Sergey why this is.

Kivou [2000607]
The concatenation of all the data coming from hundreds of api calls have not been tested. Yet to compute the chain time it's pretty straightforward. That's what I told him before he filed this bug report.

We were 99% sure that it came either from the torn report or the api. The remaining 1% being the possibility of a mistake I made subtracting 2 timestamps.

At the end of the day it seems to come from the api. Thanks you ched and stewie.
Deck [1609634]
this may be unrelated to your issue, but i've been working on building a chain report spreadsheet recently and was off by 1 attack when gathering data for my first 1k chain test.. turns out the finish time of the chain (as reported by Torn) was 1 second before the start of the final attack. Adjusted the end time in my spreadsheet accordingly and it included the final attack and was bang on 1000 attacks. Not sure how torn would have recorded the end of the chain as being before the final attack started! :/
Kivou [2000607]
Yes I had this problem too and mentioned it here.
If I remember well it's because last attack timestamp and end of chain timestamp are not computed on the same machine. So it's not really a bug.
But it's only 1s off where here it seems to be way more.
Proxima [1879587] Wiki Editor
The highest amount of respect you have for any members there is 7.8k (Henkie) even though the bonus hit for a 25k chain is 10k? I bet I can guess where the total difference is
Kopites [1701371] Admin Staff
I believe this issue was fixed but report was not closed.
I've checked the timestamp of the end of the chain in the report and end timestamp which is returned by API and they are identical.
Thanks.