Not needed
Delete
Started by celticguy [1552484] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 8
- Likes on archived posts
- 16
- Authority score
- 42 / 100
- Historical score
- 24 / 100
- Story score
- 42 / 100
- Engagement score
- 52 / 100
You already can block + black list + ignore for some of these features.
Good luck with the trying to stop attacks and bounties... Let me know how this thread turns out for ya.
Good luck with the trying to stop attacks and bounties... Let me know how this thread turns out for ya.
I know, It's a long shot, but it might help some players who are being targetted by someone who is playing by torn rules, just taking things too far.
*SORRY ACCIDENTAL DOUBLE POST*
"Torn is a text-based online RPG set in Torn City, a dark, murky underworld where only the sharpest survive. In Torn City you can be anyone and do anything."
Firstly attacking and bounties are part of the game's mechanics, if lets say this suggestion was to be approved (Extremely highly doubt it) it would be abused meaning i could "2 way block" all my enemies and anyone i think is a threat and i could totally be bounty free and Attack free which would be nice but i ain't playing Farmville
The ignore feature is in place to stop someone communicating with you.. if somrone is trying to bypass this feature ask a member of staff to assist you
Secondly if you don't like bounties you could always get a job at a Private Security Firm where u can use 20jp for 48hour protection also if you don't like getting attacked simply train your stats..
In conclusion i wouldn't agree with this suggestion since TORN is a fighting/crime game and if someone is bullying you either make some friends and get them to help you out with your enemies or i suggest you don't make enemies just to play it safe!!
Firstly attacking and bounties are part of the game's mechanics, if lets say this suggestion was to be approved (Extremely highly doubt it) it would be abused meaning i could "2 way block" all my enemies and anyone i think is a threat and i could totally be bounty free and Attack free which would be nice but i ain't playing Farmville
The ignore feature is in place to stop someone communicating with you.. if somrone is trying to bypass this feature ask a member of staff to assist you
Secondly if you don't like bounties you could always get a job at a Private Security Firm where u can use 20jp for 48hour protection also if you don't like getting attacked simply train your stats..
In conclusion i wouldn't agree with this suggestion since TORN is a fighting/crime game and if someone is bullying you either make some friends and get them to help you out with your enemies or i suggest you don't make enemies just to play it safe!!
A suggestion that would make it so you could prevent someone from being able to attack you by blocking them? I can only ever see this being abused. Block your muggers, block your enemies, block everyone who attacks you until you're completely safe from everyone. Torn isn't that kind of game. While you should be able to prevent someone from talking to you, you shouldn't be able to stop someone from playing the game against you.
Whilst I agree you can block a player from talking to you, it doesn't stop them being able to effectively bully you through other methods. Such as repeatedly targeting a player with bounties or attacks that they are powerless, both financially and via their own combat stats.
In an ideal world, we'd all see it as a game, which is is. you can stop playing or start playing at any time
That's why my suggestion wasn't as simple as ignore or block, but something that required raising the request with Torn staff, something that you an say "Hey, this player is making my game play impossible, I'd like it to stop". If they're playing within the rules, It's harder for torn staff to sanction them, but if it's an actual option that players can ask to happen as an extra to block & ignore, then perhaps it can work. and yes, I can clearly see how it can be abused, but surely there are ways it can be tweaked to make it harder to abuse?
I would love for this to be more of a discussion of HOW such a thing could be worked out, I don't have all the answers to it, so I'm hoping that people can at least understand where I'm coming from on it.
In an ideal world, we'd all see it as a game, which is is. you can stop playing or start playing at any time
That's why my suggestion wasn't as simple as ignore or block, but something that required raising the request with Torn staff, something that you an say "Hey, this player is making my game play impossible, I'd like it to stop". If they're playing within the rules, It's harder for torn staff to sanction them, but if it's an actual option that players can ask to happen as an extra to block & ignore, then perhaps it can work. and yes, I can clearly see how it can be abused, but surely there are ways it can be tweaked to make it harder to abuse?
I would love for this to be more of a discussion of HOW such a thing could be worked out, I don't have all the answers to it, so I'm hoping that people can at least understand where I'm coming from on it.
I get what you mean but as people mention it is open to abuse. The rare occasions where " a bully" was active on Torn the community cracked down on them very hard. I remember a friend who was attacked and bullied by a player and several big hitters started to repay him after she made a thread about it on main forum.
I think that is the solution.
I think that is the solution.
Faction A is attempting to take a territory from Faction B.
Faction B isn't strong enough, (or isn't active enough) to stop Faction A.
Faction B members put all of Faction A members on this "Total Ignore" list, which keeps Faction A from knocking them off the wall.
or perhaps
Player C gets made at Faction D, nukes them, taunts them, places all of them on the "Total Ignore" list so that they can't come for revenge.
I can easily image ways this would be abused. I'm pretty sure it would be abused far more often than any legitimate uses. Overall, I'm not convinced there are legitimate uses.
Faction B isn't strong enough, (or isn't active enough) to stop Faction A.
Faction B members put all of Faction A members on this "Total Ignore" list, which keeps Faction A from knocking them off the wall.
or perhaps
Player C gets made at Faction D, nukes them, taunts them, places all of them on the "Total Ignore" list so that they can't come for revenge.
I can easily image ways this would be abused. I'm pretty sure it would be abused far more often than any legitimate uses. Overall, I'm not convinced there are legitimate uses.
but you CAN block people from attacking you...
by training in the gym often over several years
by training in the gym often over several years
Can't train in a gym if every time you get out of hospital you are again attacked. Over days and days, no respite.