Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Quit smoking

Started by Di0genes [2269229] on in Science.

26 replies · 326 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
10 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Limpd [789073]
Some People really struggle with quitting it was easy for me no patches didn't need to have kids or meet anybody just realised it was bad. everybody I knew still smoked except my immediate family so I think that made it easy for me
. Now if someone wants me to buy cigarettes for them at a store for a coworker or friend  I actually feel embarrassed  when I buy them. It's been 20 years since i quit i only smoked for 8 years.
Judge_Doom [2140277]
     The buzz/high I got off nicotine was no longer worth the money.  I was also tired of people that didn't smoke telling me I smell like a bar.
it wasn't  hard for me to quit though because I don't have a addictive personality.
     
     The same for soda pop too though.  I haven't drank a soda in a very long time.  They just weren't refreshing to me anymore.  I still get my caffeine from tea though.  
BlnkSugarSocket [2018522]
The best reason not to smoke tobacco is that it is the single best way to encourage bacterial growth in your mouth. It encourages plaque, tarter and general poor health. It is fun though, especially blunts.
Anharva [2191096]
Vapes, f**kin everywhere you look! Noone smokes tobacco in my hood no more except me. Apple pie, maple pancakes, lemonade I meant wtf!  And it's better for you, I get it but it's just not smoke is it? No it's nicotine vapour.   Who wants to live past 85 anyway...pfft.
Di0genes [2269229]
I was smoking a lot. 2 years ago.i am 23 years old .I used to finish one package of ten cig in one night.then I got ill. Food was not tasty. There was cough all day and night .I got chest pain and doc said you are too young to be like this.why you waste your health and money.he gave me prescription for nicotex (nicotine gum 4mg) .I used it .4 times a day then 3 times a day then two times a day .then only at night then I quit .no nicotine no cigarette.still if something bad happens in life I got the urge to smoke . I will just spent all money in hand on fried chicken and fruit juice
NIM4 [1952251]
I used to smoke for 18 years, and it is 2.5 years that I Quit. The key was Aerobic exercises. After I started my regular training sessions, i wasn't enjoy it any more the pleasure replaced with training and now I'm addicted to my training sessions.
willphyo [846407]
â›”ï¸ÂSmoking!
â›”ï¸ÂI liked cigarette and smoked since 2008. I preferred more when i have more stressful conditions. I think it can depress stress and fell well.
But smoking affects respiratory system and stomach.
so i decide i should quit smoking in 2019.
MachineGunSteve [184119]
Aren't there enough things in this world that can give you cancer, why willingly and needlessly add something like smoking to the list?

Just seems so obvious to me.

My father-in-law, one of the only people on this Earth that I would want in a foxhole with me died from smoking related cancer. My dad, another guy I would want has bladder cancer, due to smoking (according to his doc).

Cancer sucks. Smoking can cause cancer, ergo smoking sucks.

Good luck quitting. I hope you do so as quickly as possible.
Viracocha [1772040]
my recollection of boot camp

"smoke 'em if you got 'em"

I quit 24 years ago. I just looked at them one day, tossed them out.  Had one or two puffs on occasion from the wife's, then stopped altogether.

*coughs

oh ya, forgot.
salidar [2060120]
Took me 36 bloody years to quit.
Asthma
Stained fingers
stinky
time consuming
stained upper lip (really sexy!)
expensive (very!)
stained teeth
reduced fitness
Champix (medication) works. It's horrible and not without side effects. Never take without food. Can kill quicker than a fag., But it works, if you want it to.
Patches SUK and DO NOT WORK