I think it would be interesting if when you tapped on a territory, on the pop-up, there was a button to view its history. The history would include date factions took it, which faction took it, how long each faction had it, and all war results. Maybe there could be two tabs, one for general history and one for time held.
The history page might look something like this:
FYJ
General:
Claimed by [Faction D] 12/4/15
[Faction B] abandoned territory 12/3/15
[Faction C] failed assualt 5/11/15
[Faction B] took territory 4/28/15
Claimed by [Faction A] 4/12/15
Time held:
Faction A: xx days
Faction B: xxx days
Faction D: xxx days
Edit: A few have mentioned it could get cluttered, and I have noticed my faction do a few territory wars where we were instructed to do nothing. I have no idea what the purpose was, but that would be logged in the history, and it would add clutter. So, I think maybe just keep the time held history. It would look as shown above, but we might also stick another counter by each one. Number of Defends won. It might help with the pre-war research, even if the number may be a little high from various wins where the goal was not to take the territory.
New example:
FYJ
Time held: ..................Defends:
Faction A: xx days.......Wins: 0
Faction B: xxx days ....Wins: 7
Faction D: xxx days .....Wins: 28
(Dots are only there for spacing)
The history page might look something like this:
FYJ
General:
Claimed by [Faction D] 12/4/15
[Faction B] abandoned territory 12/3/15
[Faction C] failed assualt 5/11/15
[Faction B] took territory 4/28/15
Claimed by [Faction A] 4/12/15
Time held:
Faction A: xx days
Faction B: xxx days
Faction D: xxx days
Edit: A few have mentioned it could get cluttered, and I have noticed my faction do a few territory wars where we were instructed to do nothing. I have no idea what the purpose was, but that would be logged in the history, and it would add clutter. So, I think maybe just keep the time held history. It would look as shown above, but we might also stick another counter by each one. Number of Defends won. It might help with the pre-war research, even if the number may be a little high from various wins where the goal was not to take the territory.
New example:
FYJ
Time held: ..................Defends:
Faction A: xx days.......Wins: 0
Faction B: xxx days ....Wins: 7
Faction D: xxx days .....Wins: 28
(Dots are only there for spacing)