Hello Community! I was wondering about using my job points. I know they don't expire from job to job, and it seems that by reading the job fast track guide that you shouldn't use them until you hit top ranking because they slow down the escalation process...but other than that, are there reasons to save/not use job points? I'm currently working in the medical job while trying to fly for earning cash, and i'm able to steal medical supplies. Is there a downside to stealing supplies and then selling them on the market as able?
Thanks everyone!
If you're trying to fast track to brain surgeon its not worth using them until you get to that level because it will slow it down. In the long run I've seen the money really isn't worth it stealing medical supplies for profit, its mainly saving up for the merit
Awesome thank you :)
Fast-tracking requires starting the medical job with 2316 MAN / 9378 INT / 3673 END. If you did that, you would not have time to accumulate job points in excess of what you need for promotion.
Once you have job points in excess of what you need for promotion, go ahead and spend them.
You might also want to consider changing jobs to increase your job stats faster, then return to the Medical job to fast-track the rest.
The only thing I could say is if you're using job points and not promoting yourself you're holding back your total earned point.
But if you're not fast tracking, as long as you have enough points to get to the next level when you have the stats then I can't see an issue with it.
Ok this all makes more sense now lol. I'm not super new, but still learning my way around. I didn't connect that you need specific amounts of job points to be promoted, I was thinking it was more of like the crime exp, where you were docked for using the points. Which means that I can use the Tesla Fast Track Guide to see how many job points are needed in total to max out that job, and spend the rest freely!
Thank you everyone!
Every level requires 5 more join points then the previous (This is how It worked in Education. I'd assume the same in the other city jobs)
It's pretty easy to keep track of how many you'll need and time it with your stat growth.
https://www.torn.com/wiki/Jobs#Medical
There's a merit for stealing medical items at the job too so as long as you can still promote steal away. Also if you don't have the stats to fast track (and you want stats faster) go to Education where you can train yourself