Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Readers?

Started by Crie [2176937] on in Hobbies & Interests.

16 replies · 129 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
15
Authority score
9 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100
Lord_Shaper [1865979]
Anything Neil Gaiman or Chuck Palahniuk. Love the whole Sandman series, American Gods, Neverwhere. Haunted by Palahinuk contains my favorite short story of all, "guts." Made me physically ill the first time I read it. Now that's talent.
Mkycky [2158938]
Just picked up and started reading Chuck Palahniuk's "Make something up, stories you cant unread". It's cool seeing all the creative sides of one author. I also read a lot of John Stienbeck. I've ran out of his novels. Per Petterson is great. "Out stealing horses" will take out all the feels. Now we need a thread for people to post their own short stories.
Slider1338 [2362326]
I'm reading Seveneves and it's amazing. Bill Gates recommended it in his top 5 books years ago and I just found it by accident.

Moon blows up into 7 pieces and no one knows why or cares; to them it's exciting, only to realise the 7 pieces will collide and create more and more until goodbye earth in 2-3 years.
Sariah [2169280]
I recently finished The Raven Tower by Ann Leckie, it's her first fantasy book. Part of the story is written in second person, and that changed how I think about point of view in both reading and writing. I would recommend it to people who love or used to love fantasy and got bored with all the standard plotlines.
Monday [2402913]
I actually write as a side hustle on here to entertain others.

Please feel free to give it a read and a vote for better or worse.

http://tiny.cc/dreadboy
OldStrong [1695633]
The wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, all ancient philosophy, Paul Stamets on Mycology, Manly P. Hall or any real occult, anything to do with the roots of religion and how it's all one belief, declassified military papers, and current affairs.