156 replies · 2.65k views · thread synced · 9 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:157 / 157 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
157
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
31 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
82 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Medusa[1993977]
· 27 likes · Okay here is the thing. I think I've hit a point where I have to say something. First of all, if this had been an ordinary chain something like a young douchenozzle sniping in and running away, claiming they didn't …
Proxima[1879587]Wiki Editor
· 23 likes · Lol jesus christ this was way heavier than I expected. They'll get over it OP, unless you're consistently doing this with no regard for others it's not really worth kicking over imo. Especially you and your spouse, seems like a …
Zax[2081037]
· 22 likes · You're dumped. You and your spouse. Plenty of the family spent millions. They spent their time and hard work achieving a goal. You literally took that from them all. ALL because you didn't have the common sense to read the …
Always read your faction chat while chaining, especially if you are close to the end. If you are new to chaining, 5k is the last number for the chain and grants a huge bonus to respect so it likely will be for someone special or for a special purpose. Mugging should be avoided as this is a faction event and mugging gives far lower respect for attacks.
Today, I took the last hit of a chain for someone with real life issues all because I didnt read my faction chat.
You're dumped. You and your spouse. Plenty of the family spent millions. They spent their time and hard work achieving a goal. You literally took that from them all.
ALL because you didn't have the common sense to read the faction chat - which, mind you - was BUZZING.
Lol jesus christ this was way heavier than I expected.
They'll get over it OP, unless you're consistently doing this with no regard for others it's not really worth kicking over imo. Especially you and your spouse, seems like a disproportionate response.
I get that they are mad, but I dont feel that I should've been reacted to so strongly, it sucks that someone with limited time left to play cant get a big achievement like that. Even though I didnt know it ended at 5k. My wife irl also got kicked immediately because shes married to me. The group is being a little ridiculous imo. But I can definitely chalk it up to not knowing some of the standards regarding chaining.
Yeah I mean shit happens. If getting the 5k bonus is truly a bucket list thing I'm sure you can just..chain again..alternatively I'm sure there are plenty of factions around that chain that wouldn't mind setting something up.
Clearly I'm going to remain the equivalent to Hitler to these guys though. It's kind of crazy, I think most of them have been playing so long that they forget what it means to be a newbie in a game where you dont know some of the unwritten rules, which apparently there are a lot of. The political minefield of this game is tricky.
I Am a faction leader and has not lost a bonus above 1k(1k was sniped thrice by 3 different people accidentally as they claim) i believe in 2nd chances because i've given so many to my members that miss to read the chat before the bonuses but that was a long time ago because now no one dares to steal bonuses and almost everyone reads the chat.
warnings work fine most of the time, just warn the members and if they snipe again just kick them with NO QUESTIONS ASKED. That indeed becomes a valuable lesson to the sniper as well as everyone else in the faction about consequences of sniping and destroying a well progressing chain with hardwork of 80+ people at most times.
speaking of your case, 5k is a huge bonus and huge bonuses are a huge deal, messing it up annoys the f**k out of 3 people's, firstly the leaders that have been working hard organizing the chain, secondly the person who claimed the right towards the bonus... if it happened to me while i was in lets say JFA(when it was alive) i would have kicked the guys balls. and thirdly the rest of the faction because theyre working hard too and want their faction to grow and unlock good bonuses. all 3 "people" are a significant contributors towards the chain and it is important to get the bonus on the right target faction to maximize respect gain and bring your enemies respect down.
from your now-ex leader's message it is clear you were kicked as well as your spouse and you have lost your 'good' friends from the faction and any scope to maintain good relations with them, but you can't change your past but certainly you can change your future to begin with always check faction chat and mails, if things aren't clear ask, asking is important too and good leaders value you asking for help and teach you how to improve, also if you ever want to claim any bonuses chain hard and ask for it.
Lets hope you don't do the same mistake again now that you know what the consequences are. Good Luck.
Apparently, I'm now learning that the targets of your attacks, their factions, lose a quarter of the respect you gain on a hit, so the final hits in chains should be coordinated so as to not lose any respect for allied factions
Thanks for the words of wisdom, it's clear from my issues in the past as well as this one that torn can be a harsh environment, people can really get angry about little things in this game, but I guess to serious players, those little things are huge.
I dont think you understand sufficiently. For many players in this game warring is the MAIN reason why they play the game. You have to do the right thing when warring or it wont go down well.