Sup folks, so I've been trying to become familiar with UNIX and Linux. Recently installed ubuntu on a virtual machine, any help, tutorials, guides, or helpful tips would be much appreciated. I am pretty new to it, I've coded in a few languages in the past but nothing advanced. Also feel free to post any discussions about Linux here
Starting Linux
Started by Kam [1329153] on in Technology.
About this thread
Posts archived: 5 / 5 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 5
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 6
- Authority score
- 7 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 38 / 100
- Engagement score
- 46 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Vehemos [1707870]
· 2 likes ·
Linux? o.0 #TriggereD Read The Linux Command Line (You can get it here for free) IF you are reaaaallllyyyy new try this Use this basic cheat sheet to help you get started in your journey You might also wanna join …
Mentioned in this thread
Vehemos [1707870] ×1
Sup folks, so I've been trying to become familiar with UNIX and Linux. Recently installed ubuntu on a virtual machine, any help, tutorials, guides, or helpful tips would be much appreciated. I am pretty new to it, I've coded in a few languages in the past but nothing advanced. Also feel free to post any discussions about Linux here
Linux? o.0
#TriggereD
Read The Linux Command Line (You can get it here for free)
IF you are reaaaallllyyyy new try this
Use this basic cheat sheet to help you get started in your journey
You might also wanna join Linux Telegram Group and The Linux group by TheDevs
Following Linux subreddits is also recommended.
Completing all the above will let you "Stay in touch" and "understand" what's going on the community.
After you are done you might have figures out what you wanna dive into, maybe you wanna just use it as a temp OS to develop other stuff, or you wanna be a Linux Security expert in future :3
The community is really helpful and won't mind helping you at all (not spoon feeding though)
Feel free to ask me if you find anything amiss or need more info
Thank You and Have a great day!
Damn that was a lot of quality stuff, thanks a lot!!
That post by Vehemos was very good!
I've done a smiliar journey many years back and I started off with real simple basic commands and worked my way up the chain, so to speak. To learn more about how it works I digged into the basic config-files and stuff and learned how to system formats it's info and so on.
Mentions: Vehemos [1707870]
A year later and I've become pretty familiar with Linux distributions and am working on finding vulnerabilities in systems. Also participated in a hackathon, didn't do as well as I would have liked, but it was a great experience. Now on a course to become a pen tester thanks to you:) I appreciate your post and helping to feed my curiosity on the subject. Forever thankful for people like you.