Does anyone know what the success rate for planting stealth virus is? I use the enhancer but still I haven't been able to plant a single one. My NNB is 25.
Planting computer virus
Started by Alavi [2236662] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 9
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 8
- Likes on archived posts
- 2
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 63 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 29 / 100
- Engagement score
- 53 / 100
There's this great guide: Nash's Guide to Nerve Bar
I think you'll probs have to move back to the previous safe crime and do that a while longer.
I think you'll probs have to move back to the previous safe crime and do that a while longer.
Mentions: Nash's Guide to Nerve Bar (Revived)
Yeah you aren't supposed to start that till like 30nn
I was told it also depended on work stats, not 100% sure.
In any regard, if you're following Nash's nerve guide, I just skipped ahead to the next crime and it worked well.
In any regard, if you're following Nash's nerve guide, I just skipped ahead to the next crime and it worked well.
Coming from someone that was told you can do it as early as 25 with 17% increase chance, it absolutely won't work. I wanted to post because everyone posts the link to guides as if they explain every situation for every player imaginable. But from what I assume you want such as actual game data, no, 25 is too early. You need hundreds of successes at Arson Warehouse first. So probably 30 nerve bar and at least 500 to 1000 successful Arsons to be able to do Stealth. I'm still waiting and I'm 25 and doing Arsons.
To be clear, you don't have to do any arsons. I haven't done a single arson and I have a pretty decent success rate with the stealth virus. That said, I went from a 20NNB (probably almost 25NNB) to a 35NNB doing drug deals (and then dropped back down to a 30NNB, sigh, just before getting to 10k drug deals). So, I did almost 500 stealth viruses with a 30-35NNB (I did a few simple viruses before I realized that the virus wasn't consumed), but 0 arsons. I've stopped doing stealth virus for now because I'm more into murder. XD
ETA: to be clear, I'm not recommending that you ignore arsons. They supposedly give the most crime experience. I just like to do things my own way, which isn't always the 'best' way.
ETA: to be clear, I'm not recommending that you ignore arsons. They supposedly give the most crime experience. I just like to do things my own way, which isn't always the 'best' way.
Like Mosquitoes above I hadn't done any arson crimes until after I had been doing stealth virus crimes. I had a NNB of 30 and had an ok success rate. I don't think it worked as well at 25 nnb for me either, so I would recommend getting up to 30 and then trying them. I've moved on to arsons now, but still do stealth now and then to work towards the merits.
Again, this isn't based on anything scientific, just my own experience. Other's might have had a different one.
Again, this isn't based on anything scientific, just my own experience. Other's might have had a different one.
Baldr's guide recommends getting to 25 NNB then another week with Jacket theft before starting stealth virus. When I got to 25 NNB and one week, I tried stealth virus once per day (twice if I was successful the first time). I figured once I was successful twice in a row I would switch. A week went by without 2 in a row.
I decided to keep with Jacket thefts until I got the 2500 merit. After that, stealth virus worked most of the time.
I decided to keep with Jacket thefts until I got the 2500 merit. After that, stealth virus worked most of the time.
You're right. You don't have to do any arsons, I was going on the assumptions that Arson gives the most and figured the OP wanted to do it the fastest way possible. I haven't been able to do it at 25 nnb with 5 merits and the enhancer. I'm guessing it's more of a 30 NNB crime.