Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

503 error update

Started by snowbeast [2173158] Moderator on in Bugs & Issues.

3 replies · 14 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 4 / 4 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
4
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
55 / 100
Historical score
34 / 100
Story score
32 / 100
Engagement score
34 / 100
snowbeast [2173158] Moderator Official
I have posted before regarding a 503 error.
I am getting at least 20 a day. My internet is delivered via satellite due to my rural location. My internet provider does have more than one line feeding into the satellite that then sends us all internet.
When one line slows down it switches or moves us onto the other to maintain a decent speed, I have always assumed that is why I have 503 error problems.
Today I was playing around with the new Opera GX Browser and turned the VPN on. Since doing so I have not had one 503 error.
Just reporting this as a possible workaround for any future problems
snowbeast [2173158] Moderator Official
Yes, at least 20x a day on average. Put it down to ISP, but since i tried the VPN i havent had one 503.
Just reporting a possible work around should somebody else have the same problem.
Stewie [1494547]
Yes, this will be network/ISP related. There's not really a lot we can do about that I am afraid, since it's an issue on your end.

Using a VPN may indeed be the best option for you.