If I were to pay TCD for graphics and then use the graphics as profile pics/logos on other sites, would that be considered RMT? I wasn't aware of this rule before, just asking to clarify
RMT clarification
Started by Quintec [2110358] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 20
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 9
- Likes on archived posts
- 14
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 4
- Authority score
- 67 / 100
- Historical score
- 30 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 65 / 100
Most-liked replies
- bogie [148747] Admin
· 3 likes ·
Yes, if you're paying Torn money for services outside of Torn then it is considered RMT. - bogie [148747] Admin
· 1 likes ·
Pretty much. If you're advertising in Torn for people to do things for you with absolutely no relevance to Torn though we'd be questioning this and at the very least could remove it under the advertising rule. - bogie [148747] Admin
· 1 likes ·
Discord bots for the purpose of Torn related channels are fine, the line is fairly easy to draw here - if it's for Torn it's fine, if it's not for Torn then it's not. The rules were exactly the same …
Yes, if you're paying Torn money for services outside of Torn then it is considered RMT.
Thanks! Follow up: if I ask for graphics for free on torn and then use those graphics and profile pics on other sites, is that still RMT?
Do you mean selling those graphics on other sites?
If there's someone willing to gift you graphics, for free that is, then, according to Bogie's reply, it will not be considered RMT.
However, should you give anything in return for the graphics, aka payment, it will be RMT.
This is my understanding of it.
However, should you give anything in return for the graphics, aka payment, it will be RMT.
This is my understanding of it.
Pretty much.
If you're advertising in Torn for people to do things for you with absolutely no relevance to Torn though we'd be questioning this and at the very least could remove it under the advertising rule.
If you're advertising in Torn for people to do things for you with absolutely no relevance to Torn though we'd be questioning this and at the very least could remove it under the advertising rule.
Any real money and anything trading with it on torn is RMT lol
No, just setting them as my pfp
As long as there is no real money involved i don't see it being taken as RMT. I might be wrong
Thanks for the answers. Don't worry, I won't advertise, I just have seen some free graphics threads in the graphics forum. Cheers.
Rmt is everywhere..
Curious, does this take into account the threads selling discord bots? If not where is the line drawn on what is outside Torn?
Discord bots for the purpose of Torn related channels are fine, the line is fairly easy to draw here - if it's for Torn it's fine, if it's not for Torn then it's not.
The rules were exactly the same back for IRC bots back in the day too which is how I treated it when I was an officer (then secretary).
The rules were exactly the same back for IRC bots back in the day too which is how I treated it when I was an officer (then secretary).
If you buy a graphic for 10 mil its hardly game breaking whatever you do with it.
Thanks for clarifying! Though I don't see the direct difference (not trying to put bot creators in the lime light, was just the example that came to mind) between torn related discord bot and torn related graphics.
....pre post edit....i see now the OP said the intention is use these graphics on other sites not Torn....disregard my drivel :)
....pre post edit....i see now the OP said the intention is use these graphics on other sites not Torn....disregard my drivel :)
But "Torn" money isn't real, so where does "real money trading" come into play, in any of this..
If i get a sig made from a Torn player, pay him "fake torn" money for that sig, then where's the problem with me using those graphics on other sites?
If i get a banner made for a gaming website that i coded from a Torn player who I enjoyed his/her work, then paid him fake "torn money" for his services, how is this RMT?
Where was the "real" money involved in any of this?
i'm sure you probably think i'm raging over this post.. >.>
If i get a sig made from a Torn player, pay him "fake torn" money for that sig, then where's the problem with me using those graphics on other sites?
If i get a banner made for a gaming website that i coded from a Torn player who I enjoyed his/her work, then paid him fake "torn money" for his services, how is this RMT?
Where was the "real" money involved in any of this?
i'm sure you probably think i'm raging over this post.. >.>
honestly, i think Staff are just grasping at straws, like the "pg-13" movie labels they spit here, when they see fit..
TCD is NOT real money..
TCD is NOT real money..
It's not punished to the same degree but it still counts as a sub category of RMT - rather than starting with federal jail it would more likely start with warnings depending on the extent.
The same rules would be applied for the same degree for someone selling nudes or Snapchat information for Torn money for example.
The definition in the rules for RMT does not exclusively mention real money but does also specify services, which is exactly how I worded it in my first post - https://www.torn.com/rules.php
The same rules would be applied for the same degree for someone selling nudes or Snapchat information for Torn money for example.
The definition in the rules for RMT does not exclusively mention real money but does also specify services, which is exactly how I worded it in my first post - https://www.torn.com/rules.php
Lets be honest, If I paid for a sig with torn money and that same sig found its way onto another sig in a different game, f**k all is gonna happen.
Staff have better things to do than wasting time chasing chump change graphics fees and I'd love to see that get proven.
If you didnt mention it in the op, torn wouldnt have a clue what youre doing
Staff have better things to do than wasting time chasing chump change graphics fees and I'd love to see that get proven.
If you didnt mention it in the op, torn wouldnt have a clue what youre doing
You do you, but personally I like to follow the rules, whatever they are. (even if I disagree a lot with the rule)
This is quite a minor inconvenience anyway
This is quite a minor inconvenience anyway