Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Nerf Inactive Multies Companies

Started by Adrenalinas [1974447] on in Suggestions.

293 replies · 4.56k views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 294 / 294 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

fno112 [1747523]
We didn't make this thread just because we're at war.

The war made us aware of the problem, and since we feel like it could potentially give an unfair advantage if you use dead accounts (Wether they are multi's or not doesn't matter, that's not the big issue here) for your companies.
splent [2088243] Admin Staff
There is 30,000 unique daily players in Torn. That's probably close to 50,000 unique players in 3 days, assuming some of these players log in every 2-3 days. Yes, very hard to "keep all emplyers activing" indeed.
VitaGreta [1867016] Wiki Contributor
Please do something about this Ched. How would i look like in irl if someone did not show up to work for 100d? Come on, this is so far from reasonable it can get.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
This happens a few times and is really frustrating...

I did have a chat with Ched recently about inactive companies though and possible options to resolve "issues".
Adrenalinas [1974447]
if I f**k some investigation I am sorry, but I think this bigger problem that just one FC, in current situation company with inactive employees (even if it was done in a legit way just leaving inactive employes) can make better profits because you don`t need pay for employees, but company still generates huge profits.
Josephine [1923258] Wiki Contributor
Meh. Rated+ but as someone's who's been in an incredibly limited field of companies where even directors are inactive (restaurants), I'd have been so pissed if I had to leave my 6 months+ job at 10* restaurant if suddenly i couldn't just silently cry at the inactivity and it actually dropped (since restaurant is pretty meaningless without 10*)...

With that said, I do find it annoying for my own restaurant that a friend is holding to be stuck at 9* with higher income while a bunch of inactives or 1m income people are 10* so... R+
Nightmare [1637448]
I would say its pretty simple to impliment

Inactivity after 5 days is one start drop already, after 3 more days drop to 3*, 2 more days drop to 2* 2 more days drop to 1, and 2 more days drop to 0 effective.

5days= 4*
8days= 3*
10days =2*
12days = 1*
14days = 0*

Tapered scale slightly to account for more casual players to still be useful in casual companies.

I dont know much about coding if could use the current system just add the next few steps into it i would guess since its not really changing any mechanic of it, its just adding a few more steps.

But would be good to see what yall come up with to combat this. Chedburn has talked about controling inflation and how companies are the largest source of new money. This would help control that sector.

maybe a detailed look into how it would effect that before anything is implimented and make adjustments into another sector of economy depending on the impact.