27 replies · 418 views · thread synced · 7 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
28
Discussion span
→
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
iribuya[2103695]
· 9 likes · My first day I actually send some 'funny' begging mails to top 10 networth players. haha Now i'm the one getting those daily.... EDIT: see here my first message to anyone ever...... [image: i.imgur.com]
Hello fellow torn players, & friends just a thread to hear about u life in torn and experience you gained/learned I'm intrigued to listen to your stories about your first day in torn and how youve improved so much since you started, please comment below!
I don't remember the first day, but My first week or so I was accosted by someone named Kapten_Klitoris demanding that I join "the buttgrass revenge force" that went well.
Started playing with a group of friends from another forum. They gave me a huge head-start and helped out a lot. Since then, I've come across a lot of really good people, yourself included.
Lessons for new players: join a faction, cultivate friends, don't be afraid to try new things and (most of all) stay well away from Global Chat.
My first few messages were to people thanking them for springing me from jail! Make of that what you will!
my first day here i got attacked for every minute there was available to attack me.luckily, some kind soul in global chat game me a weapon....I still got attacked lots for the next lot of months. I still get attacked lots lol
Created account like 5 years ago, joined army and forgot about the game. I came back over year ago, used bunch of army job points on defence, got bunch of defends that way lul. Learned a lot from forums and guides, still don't know how to make more money daily. People at my age have 20+ bilions and I have like 3 :(
I'm actually a 4-year old player that took some time off cause of irl problemo. Came back and decided to restart because I thought I could do bettter. Going from 4.5bil NW to 0 was brutal, but I've semi recovered haha.
you know back like 10 years ago begging was a real epidemic...i have almost always been a faction leader and had this little tiny starter faction..i would get dozens maybe even upwards of 100s of applications per day from these accounts, and begging messages.
almost left the game i thought it was being taking over by the old yahoo IM bots that started to make it impossible to chat with people..for you youngins we didnt have all these fancy la de da smart phones we would all race home to join chat rooms with our friends and we could start our own private party chat room and invite people in. it used to be alot of fun. =p