Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Random Down Votes

Started by hammi [2235955] on in General Discussion.

14 replies · 291 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
14
Likes on archived posts
48
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

hammi [2235955]
********* disliked your thread
- Midnight_Trader [2235955]

So I just had a random down vote on my trading thread.

I've had no interaction with the player, never traded, offered a price or even spoke to this person.



Just what should I do in such situations?
hammi [2235955]
tbh on any other of my posts or threads I would not care, but on my trade thread, that's my income, so it worries me. I would at least understand if we'd had some form of interaction lol
JackSparrow [2156322]
Pretty much. As far as torn players go, I treat everyone pretty well and all my posts get trashed dunked. Ironically, it's likely due to how I negotiate trades. Maybe be nicer to people, or opt for response #1. No one here is really shitty just for the sake of being shitty, usually. I know this is all a bit contradicting, but basically, someone probably "felt" like you were acting like an asshole. People get awful "feely" around here considering this is a game primarily inhabited by men... XD
Baldr [1847600] Reporter
That's very likely. My new player advice thread gets down votes almost every day. Many ore up votes than down votes, but the downvotes are surprising. When it first started happening, I used to write to people and ask why, thinking maybe there was something I could do to improve the advice guide.

But everyone I wrote to said they must have done it on accident. So at some point, you just need to not worry about it.
oraN [1778676]
Exactly this.

I have had the same issue with my trading thread only 2 of them were the ones I traded with out of 16 and they downrated because of my prices

The rest because 'accident' or 'oh dude u bountied me for sure'(spoiler wasn't me) or heck because that's a option they have. Honestly these get on my nerve but at the end of the day I look at the positive 1200+ rates I have and move on to the next day.

Karma is not to be worried about if you care about it.