Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Squash it

Started by MeanMike [1884314] on in Graveyard.

117 replies · 1.73k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 118 / 118 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
118
Discussion span
→
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
69 / 100
Engagement score
84 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

mug [553318] ×1 Kookaburra [748022] ×1 HandsomePants [1897243] ×1

MeanMike [1884314]
I swiped this topic from a thread of DUDE DUDE , because I didnt think it was being given the actual serious thought that coulda made it a great thread, so

Lets try it here.

Who, in your time playing TORN ( I simply refuse to use the term "TORN Career") have you done wrong? A friend that is now an enemy because of your actions, someone who didnt quite get a fair shake from you and somehow suffered for it, hell, even a stranger that you turned into an enemy when there was another way to go about things. Dig deep, I bet we can all find someone.

Nows your chance to apologize, publicly, well, because if youre really sorry, you can say it in front of all of us, and maybe, just maybe, if not get a friend back, at least lose an enemy.

I'll even go first.

I'd like to publicly apologize to Baldr .

When Baldr and I were new players together in JFB, I really liked and respected the guy, and knew, even then, that he was going to be something special in this game. We were both older players (IRL) , and in my opinion, shared the same views on many things and got along pretty darn well.. until...

An incident occurred where another friend of mine got placed in a compromising position through his own negligence and I, knowing the guy very well, immediately gave him the benefit of the doubt, and Baldr , not knowing him like I did, did not. This is where my boo-boos began..

I over-zealously defended my friend, as Im prone to do, and in the process forgot that Baldr was my friend too, and instead of treating him as such, instead treated him like I would anyone who was coming at one of my friends... poorly. This not only permanently destroyed the friendship, but cost my faction ( I was co-lead of JFB at the time) one of its best players and one of the games future stars. Just an idiotic move all the way around, on my part. I didnt have to say what I said, I didnt have to do what i did, and for that, I was wrong. I justified it for years by blaming him for not being more open-minded, but the incident that occurred was a big one, and in hindsight, there was a couple different ways I could have handled it and produced a much less catastrophic result.

He deserved better from me, and he didnt get it, and I regret that, deeply, to this day.

Now, before you all get psyched up for a happy ending here, its unlikely to come. I have reached out to Baldr in the past, and he simply isnt interested in hearing anything I have to say, on this matter or any other, and thats his right, and Ive accepted it and moved on.. If i was him, i cant say id feel any differently. I let the guy down, and I know he feels betrayed by how I handled the situation, and I dont blame him.

He, of course has gone on to all the great things in this game that I knew he was going to, and I havent done too badly for myself either, but I cant help but wonder occasionally how things woulda turned out, had I not made the mistakes I made and we woulda stuck together. As far as the few regrets I have in this game go, this is one of my biggest, and Baldr, I am sorry for the shoddy way I treated you and mishandled the situation. I take full responsibility for the end of our friendship and am glad to see you doing so well in the top faction in the game.

There... that actually felt pretty good. I have a couple others to throw out there as well, but i think that one should get us started for now.

Now its your turn, folks... lets hear em.

General Discussion: Have you ever hurt someone in your time playing TORN that you now regret? Who? How? Why? Nows your chance to let em know you're sorry. Get it off your chest and even if they dont accept it and want to move on... maybe now, you can.

MeanMike [1884314]
Your thread was a troll-fest, this is a serious thread that may just yield some positive results.. so in your own famous words:

Stay on topic or gtfo
FourFingers [2168426]
I like the thread. Just yesterday I cleared the air with Onecrazyluna over a silly thing from a previous faction. It was good to do so and I lost an enemy. We aren't best buddies or anything but if I could help the guy in the future I would now.
Shindig [865748] Officer Officer
I can't think of anyone, besides maybe one of those who added me as enemy. If any of them feel I've wronged them I'd be more than happy to discuss the issue with them.
FidelCashflow [1993550]
After seeing Baldr's Mr. Torn pic, of course you'd want to apologize to him. The guy's an actual badass. It's clear as day. Anyone who undercuts him on the market when he sells stuff has a pretty good chance that they are going to be tracked down and murdered by his goons. Torn is his light escape from his life of being a badass crime lord.

As for me, I'm an angel and never bother anyone so therefore I don't have anything to apologize for. Just Fer Angels is where I learned to play.
MeanMike [1884314]
meh, i think hes aware that I regret it, but as you wish ..

once this thing gets wheels, i got a cpl more to throw out there, so you can pass those on as well, if youd be so kind

how about you, champ? I bet if ya dig, well, not very deep at all, you can find someone ya might wanna give a shout out to :-)

LIKE TO ME, FOR MAKING LIGHT OF MY ATTEMPT TO SPREAD SOME GOOD VIBES IN THIS THREAD !! YOU BASTARD !!

<3
Champion [1927067]
I'd like to publicly apologise to my ex spouse Bullzeye for taking the generosity of him paying the upkeep everyday for granted

My new wife, Nena, threatens to kick me out if I don't pay half of that shit

:'(
Twitter [2309219]
Unfortunately, I can't name names, and it's probably for the best now anyways....but when I first started Torn under my old account, I was going through a rocky spot in my marriage. Medical problems triggered a whole lot of depression and anxiety, which caused me to selfishly neglect my wife and soulmate. She, naturally, drifted away; I, unfortunately, failed to realize my role in this and allowed the loneliness I felt to grow into something dark, and desperate...

In game, I turned into an asshole. Which wasn't surprising, because I had been an asshole irl for a long time honestly. And every single time I did something asshole-ish here, I compounded the issues with sarcasm and deflection, and a whole lot of justifications for why I acted like a f**king retard.

I did finally get my head out of my ass irl, and my wife and I are slowly trying to rebuild what we once had. We agreed to make a fresh start (very recently, and after a long separation), but that wasn't able to happen until we both came clean and owned up to the mistakes we each had made. Time will tell, but there's a closeness between us that hasn't been there for a very long time....

When I restarted in Torn, I made a point of reaching out to those I had been closest to. But my apologies were for their ears only...Had I done so publicly, my sincerity would have doubtless been questioned.

Tl;Dr: We all make mistakes, but mistakes quickly become lessons if we remove our pride from the equation.
Gavin_Dymock [938138]
I can't think of anyone, besides maybe one of those who added me as enemy either.....


With the exception of 2 Duplicate factions and there leaders over a small miscommunication so i am still waiting on a few apologies myself.

However if there is anyone out there who feels i have personally wronged them....Prove it and i will apologize here on this very forum. =)
HerrSchmidt [2069746]
I'd like to apologise to MeanMike for failing to send him the definition of "concise"

So here we go, buddy:

concise

/kənˈsʌɪs/


adjective

  1. giving a lot of information clearly and in a few words; brief but comprehensive.

UNOSBUENOS [2085398]
Great Thread

I'd like to apologise again to Chaos12th for my foul mouth and acting crazy impatient and i was just going crazy on him.I was really stupid,i got kicked and i vowed never to cuss and make fun of anyones personal life ever again,this man Chaos12th is really cool and chill,and he showed me how strong his mental state can be.

Chaos12th will always be in my good graces