493 replies · 7.6k views · thread synced · 4 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:494 / 494 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
494
Discussion span
→
Authority score
47 / 100
Historical score
41 / 100
Story score
76 / 100
Engagement score
94 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Kayla[2031661]
· 79 likes · What I said in the screenshot in the OP is true, although very poorly worded and lacking any actual detail as I didn't expect it to be posted before I had time to elaborate with a second message. Bogie's statements …
bogie[148747]Admin
· 55 likes · This was not something I felt had to be aired publicly but it has forced a response. Kayla was a fantastic staff member and this was not an easy decision to make. Staff are held to a much higher standard …
wow. can't wait to hear from @bogie on this, seems like an absolutely appalling decision.
- If the accusations are untrue, you lend credence to them as well as make yourself look like a f**king idiot after having fedded that dude instantly for his review. Everyone is damaged, Kayla especially so and extremely unfairly.
- If the accusations have merit, you're going to not let them be staff but allow them to continue playing?? What message exactly are you trying to send? "Oh yeah, we defo don't let [that stuff] run/moderate our game....oh but yeah they're still playing even though we argued defiantly about the libel written about us in an App Store review"
Technically a privately owned and operated game, so freedom of speech is not guaranteed. Especially since the staff will censor anything that compromises them.
I feel like if it was a publicly traded company this might be somewhat understandable, but the company is owned by chedburn. I dont think we should get some kind of statement by him as to why she was fired before just blindly believing what she says.
I noticed she wasn't staff but I had thought she left for personal reasons, such as being stressed out or not having enough time. Did not expect the reason to have been because she was fired though...
How come a false accusation is just allowed to affect a staff's position?
In theory, does this mean that anyone who doesn't like a certain staff member could simply concoct a lie about pedophilia to get them removed?
Personally, I think Kayla was/is the best helper Torn had/has. I say this, because I know for a fact that she will continue to be brilliant, and show bogie that he's made a mistake in firing her.
This is def something that needs to be commented on by Kayla and Bogie. If you're lying and the image is fake, it would not surprise me to see your acct fedded. I would think you know the risk if faked.