Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

KAYLA

Started by Superior- [2131856] on in Graveyard.

493 replies · 7.6k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 494 / 494 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

FourFingers [2168426]
One question please. If people repeat the type of review which was shown in another thread. They won't be allowed back will they? Because that was just a spiteful Google review aimed to undermine a game we all enjoy.
Superior- [2131856]
100% see where your coming from but don’t you think you should let your community know what has happened and why she war fired?

If she was fired for being a ‘ pedophile ‘ shouldn’t we be made aware of these accusations?

Because it’s pretty damn serious and I think you should have alerted the players
princess [329437]
I know Kayla irl, she isn't the type who would do this!

Kayla is probably one of the best helpers on torn, she has helped me a lot plus she has so much karma!

KermodeBear [2011760]
Hm. So, all I have to do is concoct some "evidence," throw an accusation out there, and I can get staff members fired? Fascinating.
Nadbash [2183654]
This is insane paranoia and quite frankly a disgraceful waste of a dedicated staff person. I made a comment in another thread a while back stating that the staff didn't inspire much in the way of confidence and this only reinforces it.
Gypsy [2277643]
*off-site, non-Torn related concocted evidence

no other staff has ever laughed at an inappropriate meme or liked an inappropriate photo. he who is without sin, first stone, etc.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
I do not believe Kayla is a pedophile but I am still unable to defend the content they had liked which was also linked to their discord account which was visible to viewers in Torn's discord.

Given the questionable nature of this I do not feel this is something I had to inform others of, this was an internal matter that was handled within staff.
Lewis [1312721]
"Due to questionable and illegal UK content being "liked" off site on accounts operated by Kayla I made the decision to remove them from staff."

I'm curious how this came to your attention in the first place, if someone is doing something illegal you would think that they would hide it somehow?
ElChapo [2157516]
So what exactly did she like that was deemed so bad?

Does this also mean you moderate discord in general now too?

Generally, people laugh at dark humour, doesn't make them bad, I'm sure everyone has liked some inappropriate joke/pic / meme at some stage.
Superior- [2131856]
I also don’t think she is anything off the sort BUT I feel if she was sacked for something like that

The players who were in contact with her daily should have been made aware.

Incase she actually was.
Coldshot [2341073]
Well he won't say what it is because it's "illegal" and "inappropriate", so only Kayla and Bogie will probably ever know of what the pic was and the whole community will just have to believe what has been said about the pic.
King [2138593]
Bruh, don’t know why you’re acting as if a thread wasn’t going to be made, it was gonna happens sooner or later which you’d have to reply to.

So you know as well as us that Kayla isn’t a pedophile yet you still fired her? All she did was upvote a piece of furry art. I guess we have to keep an eye out for all staff now.
Nadbash [2183654]
Why is he a community manager? He's more concerned with protecting this game's precious reputation than managing the community? Also I wonder what skeletons are hiding in your social media closet.
Lat [1187876]
I think the reason to remove her was that content liked was shown on discord, which people can see when on the Torn discord. Therefore the link can be made loosely that Torn staff are involved in illegal activities, which then lends credit to reviews like the one that got so much forum time last week.

Brands protect themselves from stuff like this all the time - although usually a suspension is issued whilst it’s fully investigated but that is real life and not a game.


I hope it wasn’t a hacked account or anything like that, perhaps even from all these wild folk lately claiming they will do anything to ruin Torn/members/staff.
Hildegarde [2050558]
An anonymous caller notified my university about that one time I made a racist joke on Discord, they should take my Degree right away.
Wade [2220399]
Why would a persons private life be of any significance to their job? Also it is PRIVATE for a reason no?

As far as I know Discord is a public service unrelated to Torn, unless I'm mistaken.

The one thing that isn't clear to me is HOW this information got delivered or found out.

U don't just stumble into someones discord's post by chance.
Kayla [2031661]
What I said in the screenshot in the OP is true, although very poorly worded and lacking any actual detail as I didn't expect it to be posted before I had time to elaborate with a second message. Bogie's statements are accurate. To make sure the rumor mill doesn't start turning, here is what happened:

Someone anonymously contacted bogie with an accusation that I am a pedophile, providing an image which I liked on an unrelated non-Torn website I have not linked to anywhere public (neither Torn nor Discord, so it took a bit of digging/googling as you couldn't just stumble upon it) as evidence. The image provided was a piece of furry art on my favorites gallery which I do not remember adding, but I most likely added it because the coloring, shading or line art was well drawn and not for attraction to the content. I thought the image was fine and legal but was only just made aware it's legal in the US, but not the UK (Where Torn is based). I removed the image, along with other similar questionably images which could also be construed as pedophillic in nature upon finding this out, but it was too late by that point.

If I had been a normal player he wouldn't have looked twice at it, but as staff are held to a higher standard and at the time I was an official representative of Torn, he took a couple of days to give consideration on how to move forward with the situation. This ultimately resulted in be being removed from staff as the risk of potential damage to Torn's reputation or staff as a whole was too great.

Regardless of what anyone says, claims, or what rumors are spread behind my back, I am not a pedophile, however in this case the truth is not as important as what others may perceive the truth to be. Me having liked the images at all is a bad enough look to give reason to remove me from staff following recent other baseless accusations that Torn harbors pedophiles.

I understand that bogie was put in a difficult situation. I hold nothing against bogie for my removal. While I am saddened and disagree with his decision, I understand why he made it. Despite this I hope to one day to re-join the staff team.