RIP 8 chan :(
Started by Blue [972499] on in Politics & Law.
About this thread
Posts archived: 88 / 88 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 88
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 12 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 46 / 100
- Engagement score
- 77 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Thief [206758]
· 15 likes ·
Keep pushing to take away peoples freedoms see if more and more dont become radical. - SaintLuke [2220265]
· 15 likes ·
guess your not a fan of free speech. - Blunt [2076337]
· 13 likes ·
This is.... vile. As much as I dont agree with the hateful things I see on the internet sometimes, it is a crime against humanity to remove the right to free speech, because its hurtful to some. If a group …
Mentioned in this thread
i heard the feds pretty much took it all over anyways. they been trying to provoke skitzo posters to do crazy shit for a while.
Hate Chan bites the dust.
About time.
Social platforms that host hate content should not be allowed.
Unfortunately, the site will likely just move to a competitor and resume operations.
What needs to happen is improved digital ID tracking and laws in place to hold individuals legally responsible for sharing hate related material.
Fortunately a few countries like Australia, and New Zealand are working on similar legislation.
Social platforms that host hate content should not be allowed.
Unfortunately, the site will likely just move to a competitor and resume operations.
What needs to happen is improved digital ID tracking and laws in place to hold individuals legally responsible for sharing hate related material.
Fortunately a few countries like Australia, and New Zealand are working on similar legislation.
You need to calm down. This is a game, not a lethal mix of ALT RIGHT, ISIS, IRA, SJW, ANTIFA.
Keep pushing to take away peoples freedoms see if more and more dont become radical.
guess your not a fan of free speech.
Hate speech is free speech.
What does every mass shooter in the last 8 years have in common? A Twitter and Facebook account.
Hahahaha, who hosts hate?
Hahahaha, who hosts hate?
Christchurch was livestreamed on facebook but let's just ignore that and ban all the "hate websites".
Hate should not be a crime and arbitrary, nonsensical censorship is not doing anything positive for anyone except their public image.
Hate should not be a crime and arbitrary, nonsensical censorship is not doing anything positive for anyone except their public image.
less alt right cess pools
kind of funny watching folks talk about the alt right...
Well yeah Facebook and Twitter plus other social media platforms are starting to be held responsible for hosting that content.
Its a good move that has been sorely needed for a long time, and I fully support the lawmakers pushing this forward.
The next step after that is to hold the people who upload and share extremely violent material, illegal hate speech, among other things legally liable.
Its a good move that has been sorely needed for a long time, and I fully support the lawmakers pushing this forward.
The next step after that is to hold the people who upload and share extremely violent material, illegal hate speech, among other things legally liable.
This is.... vile.
As much as I dont agree with the hateful things I see on the internet sometimes, it is a crime against humanity to remove the right to free speech, because its hurtful to some.
If a group of people hate gays, let them hate. If they hate white men, let them hate. I mean, you cant force love, respect, or intellect onto people.. and it damn sure wont happen via censorship.
Not only that, but digital tracking of our every word, for means of jailing or bringing the law down on people? I mean sure, if your making outright threats against someone, with reason to believe you will follow through.. by all means, gather print outs of what was said.
But to track everything people say, simply to smack them with a ticket or jail time? Where does that end?
I'm absolutely disgusted, people think banning words and ideas, and tracking every word people say in order to punish them, is reasonable or logical
As much as I dont agree with the hateful things I see on the internet sometimes, it is a crime against humanity to remove the right to free speech, because its hurtful to some.
If a group of people hate gays, let them hate. If they hate white men, let them hate. I mean, you cant force love, respect, or intellect onto people.. and it damn sure wont happen via censorship.
Not only that, but digital tracking of our every word, for means of jailing or bringing the law down on people? I mean sure, if your making outright threats against someone, with reason to believe you will follow through.. by all means, gather print outs of what was said.
But to track everything people say, simply to smack them with a ticket or jail time? Where does that end?
I'm absolutely disgusted, people think banning words and ideas, and tracking every word people say in order to punish them, is reasonable or logical
Censorship is one step closer to full control
funny how folks want to call republicans Nazi's but then want to ban words an ideas....
Theres still 4chan
that's very Nazi like of you my friend.
damn Sid I never knew you were an undercover :((
sorry, but a measly fine doesn't really count as being held accountable...plus both of them services block freedom of speech if they don't agree with what is being said which is why I refuse to use either of them...gotta love capitalism.