Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Throwing Stones

Started by Twitter [2309219] on in Graveyard.

14 replies · 451 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
116
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
35 / 100
Story score
60 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

Twitter [2309219]
I've been thinking a bit since yesterday, about how easily reputations are lost here...You can spend years helping others, being kind to everyone you meet, work your way up into leadership of a respectable faction...and then wake up the next morning to perm bounties, harassment in the forums, countless new enemies, and all the fun sucked out of a game you once loved.

And I'm talking about myself, on my old account. But yesterday we all just saw the same thing happen to Kayla, except much much worse....

My first instinct was to be disappointed in bogie. I felt he sacrificed a brilliant staff member just to show the public that Torn does not take pedophilia lightly....but in his shoes, I probably would have eventually made the same call, considering that it had already been made public. It was a really tough call, and I am damn glad I wasn't the one who had to make it.

And I was really pissed at Champion! Making a mountain out of a mole hill publicly, after snitching on her...but I was forgetting that a karma whore of Champion's caliber lives for moments when he can stir shit up in the forums, so why be pissed about a snake just doing what snakes do? He is who he is....

But this thread isn't about rehashing that shit. I just hate that we live in a world where spotless careers can be ruined because someone smokes a joint after a long day at work and their boss happens to find out about it....and then we log in to Torn looking for an escape, only to see a player losing their whole reputation just for liking a certain picture.

What the f**k, Torn? Are we all just too perfect in our own lives that we lack empathy for those who screw up publicly? What would we think of you, if those skeletons you're hiding were made public here?
Collete [1389080]
Champion did not do the thread on her blame the guy who did it not him.



Umm I read that thread and that pic has nothing to do with someone smoking a joint so don't try to made it seem trivial

empathy for having that type pic you got to be f**king joking

grave this shit as you just going to cause more headache for kayla the person you are feeling sorry for
Champion [1927067]
Making a mountain out of a molehill?
Here are the facts:
1) I did not make the thread discussing her staff removal when I could have
2) I only posted after Kayla herself spoke out and said it was due to false accusations, I would not have posted the logs otherwise
3) You defend child porn and said it was fine because Kayla did not admit to masturbating to it (wtf even is that for an excuse, shame on you)
4) You said I should have given Kayla a heads up instead of reporting to bogie that child porn was found and linked to her staff discord account
5) You are a f**king idiot
6) R-
SporkMonkey [2065017]
I completely blame Champion, far more than I ever #blamedharley.

Why?

Because he could have made the choice to tell the shit-stirrer to ranger the f**k up and send the info to Bogie themselves.

Champion has zero regard for friends. His false sense of justice, I suppose, or putting too much stock in his namesake, ended up with a nice person thrown under the bus.

So, yeah, I absolutely blame Champion for a big part of this.

It does show that few people in this game understand what friendship is, even if it an online game, and is why I trust so few people to know anything about my personal life.

There was a time when I wanted to be staff because I have a fondness for this game. Not anymore. Much like my chances at being President, I have posted waaay too many dank memes to be PC enough to be a helper in this game. My sense of humor is too dark, but I'd rather have that and where it came from than a purple name.
Champion [1927067]
I apologise for having the info that a staff member had favourited child porn linked to an offsite account of theirs and reporting it

I think i'm a genuinely bad person for this
I should be fedded
Everyone who has ever reported pedo behaviour should be fedded and attacked
Collete [1389080]
To quote Bogie

Thread created on 21:49:34 - 05/08/19

When content of this nature is involved, yes. If I have any staff members actively showing support for any pedophilic content, questionable or otherwise, then they will not be staff members. I am quite surprised that this comes as a shock to some people. I liked Kayla and think they were a fantastic staff member which is why this decision sucked so much to have to make, but I still stand by it.

It being illegal in the UK isn't the issue here but was still a relevant point as it did play a part in my decision making, the issue is the type of content that it was.


For an extreme example here: If I had a staff member who had just driven through a crowd of people IRL, killing several then speeding off at 100mph in a 30mph zone it's not the speeding I'd likely end up firing them for, nor would I be expected to really be focusing on that part... it's the fact that they've just done something much much worse.
Digger67 [2046748]
You handled it the wrong way. You should have contacted the authorities if it was so repulsive. But no you chose to go to bogie.
Bogie/ched have no power outside of torn.. this you used this as leverage to better your standing with admins here IN torn. You dont care the slightest about lives, only your chances in this RPG game.

Which is damn ironic considering we spend weeks planning political assassination and burn warehouses down daily.

Start by admitting your an arsonist


If you f**king cared about what was seen, you would have talked to a real cop.

Now go fall off a steep cliff...
1869113 [1869113]
I am honestly just repeating myself from the last thread here but oh well:

I am not sure how reporting a staff member who could potentially be a paedophile makes you a snitch and a bad guy. Staff members could be speaking to young children every day and therefore in regards to something as serious as that, must be held to a higher standard.

Also " where spotless careers can be ruined because someone smokes a joint after a long day at work and their boss happens to find out about it." I am pretty sure smoking weed and viewing/liking sexually explict cartoons with children(Cubs) in it is not comparable in any way.

I don't even really see eye to eye with champion, but i will say he did the right thing and i support him in doing so. The fact people are defending what Kayla done is sickening, get a grip.
SporkMonkey [2065017]
If the content was that illegal, then it should have gone to the authorities. But it wasn't. It was questionable.

So, using your example, Kayla got sacked for a speeding ticket compared to your pictured carnage.

I don't agree with any of it and my comment stands.

It's the last I will speak on the matter.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff
We don't need to re-hash this. Thanks. Enough comments have been made on this at this stage, I don't see any good coming from any future discussions of this nature for the same reasons I graved the original thread.