34 replies · 504 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:35 / 35 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
35
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
27 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Lewiss[2012107]
· 28 likes · i usually end the newsletter with a question for them to reply to get a lot of mails back and get to know my members more more interaction on your end, PERSONAL interaction, not just newsies will get you more …
Kata[1990396]
· 7 likes · I add pictures of boobs to the ends of my newsies. Sometimes we refer to them as "boobsies". :)
ItsHotshot[2189331]
· 4 likes · Recruit better members
I'm convinced that very few people actually read their newsletters, and when it comes to territory wars or chaining, this is getting to be my number 1 pet peeve. I know I'm not the only one....
I could kick people who aren't following directions in newsies, but at the end of the day I'd be left with maybe 5 or 10 people...Not something I want to do if there's any way to avoid it.
So I'm brainstorming ways to entice people into doing what they already should be doing, and hoping for some fun ideas...
i usually end the newsletter with a question for them to reply to get a lot of mails back and get to know my members more more interaction on your end, PERSONAL interaction, not just newsies will get you more replies to letters, more talking in faction chat. Last question i had was: "what is your current goal within Torn", i got to know my players play styles. what they want to achieve, and how i can help them achieve that goal. Enticement isn't the answer, engagement is
Edit: I got all this from my spouse, she's the newsletter queen
I stuff my newsletters with more than one topic to avoid sending multiple newsletters. I'm an event coordinator in my faction so usually I announce an event in my newsletter. I don't repeat myself in faction chat or anywhere else so all the info is in the newsletter and the pertaining threads. So if you want to play whatever game I'm hosting you have to read.
I try to make mine entertaining with puns and jokes. I also reward people who participate in chains with a Certificate of Awesome if they hit certain announced benchmarks, like most respect earned, most hits, most Hitler kills...it works fairly well I think.
Depending on length, Offer rewards for categories. In our fac every week we rent a PI for free to a lvl 15 or under who did the best in the chain. Top few hitters, top respect not counting bonuses, etc.
Make it fun, stay active yourself. Be involved and motivate. Make sure ppl are aware theres a chain, and are stacking. Provide stacking materials (ie, xanax) before the chain and refills during chain to those who need it.
As I previously mentioned if you got a good crew they will be excited to smash a chain willingly
I wonder if IP trackers are only disallowed in profile/forum sigs, or everywhere in Torn. If they're allowed in newsies, maybe it can actually be possible to monitor who has read it.
Of course, I think attaching prizes is the much easier and much more effective solution lol
Competitions sounds like a great idea to encourage participation. At the top of the newsletter, list the winner for the previous contest along with their reward. Then list all the important stuff. Then the next contest at the bottom. Maybe they will read some of it as they scroll down at least.
Do some wacky stuff sometimes, and serious stuff other times. So maybe one time you give a prize to the best hit or highest respect gain. Then next time the winner is the one who guesses the closest to how many fruitcakes you have. Prizes could be serious or wacky to match.
How about a scavenger hunt? Each newsletter has a clue for an item to find. Maybe 10 total. First person to get all 10 wins something. Or each person sends you the item they think is correct each time. Winner gets all the items.