I’ve always liked Bob Ross and his life philosophy. My favorite scenes are the mountains because he talks about the light and dark and how the contrast makes things better. In one famous episode he mentioned that he was waiting for the light to come back for him. His wife had recently passed.
With that that in mind, I’ve been thinking of a dark situation and the light that could come from it. Dude did a masterful job sensationalizing what happened with NxT. I was sad that the article portrayed my friend as a devious, cruel hearted scammer.
Thats not the truth. Or, at least, not the truth from my perspective. Like the Bob Ross example, there’s light and dark to bring the whole perspective of what is into being. NxT was very kind to me when I started. He helped me out ‘Just because.’ He would always welcome new faction members. He was one of the first to jump in and donate what was needed. He was the first on the war wall, the one in the faction chat cheering on everyone.
it wasn’t until after the debacle that I learned he co-founded the faction. I wish I had known sooner. It wasn’t until after the debacle that I learned that he didn’t feel appreciated. I wish I had talked to him more. I will say that we were NOT scammed. NxT could not have taken what he was not trusted with. He had access to the vault as an officer and used that access to express his sense of loss and hurt.
Sadly, what happened happened, and actions have consequences. NxT will remain my friend because I refuse to not see the person behind the screen. Maybe it’s the social worker in me. At the end of the day, this is a game, and the money was all just strings of code. The words we use are directed to real people who have feeling, emotions, thoughts, and lives just as complex and mysterious and beautiful as our own.
As you mug, trade, travel, war, and play today, please take some time and remember that there is a person on the other side of this. We are not alone. We can be the light in each other’s day by posting silly, uplifting, inspirational things, or we can be the dark in each other’s day by being hurtful, spiteful, and cruel.
I hope today that you choose to be the light.
With that that in mind, I’ve been thinking of a dark situation and the light that could come from it. Dude did a masterful job sensationalizing what happened with NxT. I was sad that the article portrayed my friend as a devious, cruel hearted scammer.
Thats not the truth. Or, at least, not the truth from my perspective. Like the Bob Ross example, there’s light and dark to bring the whole perspective of what is into being. NxT was very kind to me when I started. He helped me out ‘Just because.’ He would always welcome new faction members. He was one of the first to jump in and donate what was needed. He was the first on the war wall, the one in the faction chat cheering on everyone.
it wasn’t until after the debacle that I learned he co-founded the faction. I wish I had known sooner. It wasn’t until after the debacle that I learned that he didn’t feel appreciated. I wish I had talked to him more. I will say that we were NOT scammed. NxT could not have taken what he was not trusted with. He had access to the vault as an officer and used that access to express his sense of loss and hurt.
Sadly, what happened happened, and actions have consequences. NxT will remain my friend because I refuse to not see the person behind the screen. Maybe it’s the social worker in me. At the end of the day, this is a game, and the money was all just strings of code. The words we use are directed to real people who have feeling, emotions, thoughts, and lives just as complex and mysterious and beautiful as our own.
As you mug, trade, travel, war, and play today, please take some time and remember that there is a person on the other side of this. We are not alone. We can be the light in each other’s day by posting silly, uplifting, inspirational things, or we can be the dark in each other’s day by being hurtful, spiteful, and cruel.
I hope today that you choose to be the light.