26 replies · 661 views · thread synced · 8 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
48 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
-BC-M16[1002535]
· 5 likes · They do sometimes, there’s a 10% chance
Kobie[2156358]
· 3 likes · Why would you get fedded if another player arrested you? You'd just end up in the normal jail for around 8 hours or so. Getting fedded is something you'd only face for breaking the rules.
Bandit[2033238]
· 1 likes · I've been jailed for over 24 hours after being arrested. At my level I do get busted out pretty fast but lawyers business cards are pretty cheap too. Maybe the 3m wanted reward results in a higher jail time.... I …
I am in a 3 star detective agency and have unlocked the ability to arrest. I have defeated many people but have never gotten the option to arrest. How do I know who i'm able to arrest?
Once your detective agency reaches 10 stars, you'll be able to do a job special to get a Most Wanted list. It's not a complete list. I think you get the 10 most wanted and then... the 10 next most wanted.
Until your company can offer that, I guess you'd look at a player's stats for a high number of crimes, crimes of all sorts (computer crimes, organized crimes, etc.). No guarantee that they'll be up for arrest, but at least you can skip people whose only crimes are a few thousand jacket thefts.
Why would you get fedded if another player arrested you? You'd just end up in the normal jail for around 8 hours or so. Getting fedded is something you'd only face for breaking the rules.
It is a matter of luck as to finding people to arrest but you can improve your luck by:
1) Only attacking active players. Inactives are almost certain to already have been arrested. 2) Use the Hall of Fame to search for victims, on the left near their name is a red down arrow or a green up arrow. Green can be a good indication. Do not attack people at your own level, go at least one lower. Check their stats against yours on Attacks won and defends won. If they're higher leave them alone. 3) If using the donator search function put in levels from and to lower than yours, crimes (depending on your level) at least 2000 to 6000, how old again depends on your level but at least 100 days old. Last activity I put between 1 hour and 24 hours. 4) Make sure you have not hit them before (Doc Torn) otherwise a) You're not likely to get much out of them. b) You're likely to seriously pee them off which may lead to them asking the big kids in their faction to whack you or putting on bounty(s) 5) If they message you then be polite, explain it was random, explain how you arrested (lot of people don't know about that function), tell them you won't be smashing them again. Most people get over being arrested, some get VERY emotional but it's all a part of the game :-) 6) Be careful about getting mugged after a big money arrest.
Nope, you just get jail time and that varies depending on the number of crimes you've done (same as the arrest bounty) anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days.
The people you can beat in a fight literally wont be worth arresting
They will be other field mice clicking low level crimes earning little play money, or rabid field mice clicking risky crimes and getting jailed regulary so you wont even be able to arrest them at all
I've been jailed for over 24 hours after being arrested. At my level I do get busted out pretty fast but lawyers business cards are pretty cheap too.
Maybe the 3m wanted reward results in a higher jail time.... I have no idea how it works really but a week or 2 of crimes without being jailed results in a healthy reward for whoever arrests me :p
Your right. I just seen somebody in jail for 42hrs after being arrested. I guess I was a little conservative with 8 hours, but I was just going off my slightly dodgy memory. On another note, perhaps you should try busting a few people per day. Once you fail a bust... And you will. You'll go to jail reseting your bounty reward, and all without losing any ce. Why make yourself a target to those working in a detective agency?
Going to jail upon failing a crime does affect crime experience, however, in a very significant way. Going to jail for failing a bust does not, though, so it's a very good way to reset your arrest value.
Arresting is a new feature they added to the game. To allow player "bounty" hunters so to speak. Some of us are chasing our nerve bars to get to 60 NNB, so that eventually the factions can do the higher rated organized crimes.