Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Cellphone help

Started by Naako [482424] on in Technology.

5 replies · 61 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
3
Authority score
21 / 100
Historical score
13 / 100
Story score
27 / 100
Engagement score
45 / 100

Most-liked replies

Naako [482424]
What is the best smartphone?

i currently use the iPhone 7 and refuse to buy a newer iPhone because I don’t want a much bigger phone.

I dont care to much about an amazing camera. But I do want it to be a fast phone. Where the apps open fast and overall phone speed is fast.

Only phone I’ve ever used is an iPhone. Well also old flip phones lol.

Any auggestions?
Snake [2344864]
The best smartphone is a bit subjective. Since youve only ever used an iPhone, one of the newer iPhones may be best for you. However, Samsung, OnePlus, and a few other brands have equally good if not better phones in term of hardware. Software is what people usually use to decide on the device they want. Whichever one is easiest for you to use and makes you the most productive at the tasks you wish to accomplish would be the best for you. If you want a really good iPhone but dont care too much about the camera, you could go with an iPhone 8, though the XR is only a bit more costly in retail price and has better specs. If youre willing to take a dip in the other pond, the OnePlus 7 Pro is a really nice Android device that has a good camera, good battery life, and an amazing screen.
Helcostr [1934501] Wiki Editor
Is Apple usually known for its better security compared to Androids (ignoring the recent Apple breach)?
ProbsJustin [1517715]
Yes and no, at the core no. But on andoird you have not only the os, but the manufacture that releases updates so this could complicste the process of staying up to date, as you have to wait for them to update the build then push it OTA, where apple is one standard across the board.
Its better known for business and simplicity. (They are known for not paying bug reporters/exploits though...but ill bet a lot of androids market is the same)
Android is more known for freedom and customizable.
Fan boys on both sides, go to the store and play with both, pick what suits you - dont listen to the banter online.
Both have pros and cons. But only you get to decide what fits you.
AwakeNoWokeFail [79965]
I have a OnePlus T6. Wonderful device. Screen is awesome. Sound is awesome. Battery life is impressive and when plugged into a wall socket charges up in a couple of hours.

cameraedit: I have no idea about camera quality. I don't take pictures and one evening when I had my tin foil hat on, I covered up the camera lens on the front.