Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

' Source Code' tool in 'Compose a Message' page

Started by drapodi [984522] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 105 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
0
Authority score
34 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
43 / 100
Engagement score
44 / 100
drapodi [984522]
I encountered a problem with the 'Source Code' tool while composing messages. I noticed that when I tried to add a background image to a table in html using the 'Source Code' tool it actually changed your code to fit some standards. These changes cause a false positive inline script error which obviously gets blocked and hence no background image is displayed. The inline script error can be viewed in the browser's console like so:
[image: i.ibb.co]
Thing is, these "changes" that the tool causes are okay when viewed in a pure HTML viewer outside of Torn, so If I had to guess it has to do with the javascript falsely recognizing the re-written html code as a possible code injection cause by the single quotations inside the double quotations added by the tool. Here is a simple example rendered in an outside html viewer:
[image: i.ibb.co]

This is the code I input in the source code tool:
[image: i.ibb.co]

Here is the code after the source code tool changes it( it adds single quotation marks):
[image: i.ibb.co]

And this is the result when that same code is sent in a message using the source code tool. Notice there is no FIRE background image like in the previous images. (here you can also see how the code is being miss-read by the browser):
[image: i.ibb.co]

Since the "source code" tool automatically changes the code when used, it is impossible to add a background image to a table in html while composing a message with said tool.

A workaround I found is to paste the pre-made html code directly into the text box area of the message composing page and it works (but obviously this is not an option for everyone).
drapodi [984522]
That was my first thought and it did not work. If you escape the quotation marks that the tool automatically adds with backslashes then that part of the html code becomes unusable. If you escape them with the html syntax then the code gets rewritten to it's previous unusable state. The key problem being the tool re-writing the code.
RED-RABBIT [2203961]
The error you are getting is from you inspecting the element through Chrome. Switch to Explorer and you can inspect better. BUT Torn has a it code to ignore the profile link and go straight to the image source.
AlexNdriA [2629469]
I don't know if the issue I encountered is connected with this one here, but I decided to post it here as it is reffering to "Messages" and it is a small one, trying to not overwhelm you.

I am not able to open "Compose", "Outbox", "Saved", "Ignore List" pages. I am only able to see my "Inbox" Still can open the messages in "Inbox" though. I can see that the URL changes when clicking on the different lists, but the rest of the page does not open anything. It is not a freeze or something, because I can go to every other place/page in torn.com through the "not changing" Messages page.

Running through Google Chrome, tried on Mobile Android, same result.