Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Taking Things Too Extreme

Started by GtHmASndwch_X [2293074] on in General Discussion.

42 replies · 715 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 43 / 43 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
43
Discussion span
→
Authority score
52 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
58 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Pig2 [2195174] ×1

GtHmASndwch_X [2293074]
I’m going to preface this by saying that after being shown proof, I was mistaken in saying I did not place a bounty on someone, and had apologized so. Medication I take in real life causes memory lapse and sometimes I just plain don’t remember anything. Wanted to preface a bit before getting into my actual issue.

Happened to run into a funny dude, it was cool and everything. Saw him advertise something in trade chat and sent a genuine tip to check forums. The reply I got was really rude, but I’m like “eh whatever” That is all I remember.
Im confused as H-E- 🏒 🏒 as to what in ever-living daylight happened and went from being super cool to super douche. That’s where the preface comes into. After the 4th or 5th bounty, he showed he had put some kind of tracker on me, and saw I had placed a $50 bounty on him. 50. EFFING. DOLLARS. I’m not the only player here with the whole eye-for-an-eye mentality. Want to put a bounty on me? Damn straight I’ll return the favor. I’ve done it, it happens. But despite the acknowledgement of the evidence and apology for my lapse in memory, the name-calling, borderline harassment (sending me $1 with words like bitch enjoy being perma-bounties and such.) It literally has not stopped. If it’s not bounties, he’s hospitalizing me, or mugging me.

I acknowledged what I did, and apologized, but at what point does it go from reacting as any other player does, and taking things way too damn far? I can’t report because he’s not breaking any game rules, And I get the first couple of bounties, I’m not blaming that kind of reaction. But at this point, they are way too into this whole thing, and has me concerned that there is a personal issue in their life, and taking it out on a game.
Coldshot [2341073]
You should not have come into the forums with this issue, it will probably make it worse. We do not know the other side of the story from their perspective well enough to see the full reason as to why he actually got pissed.

Btw, if you ignore someone then they can't send you messages at all - whether it's through bounties and whatnot. If they do, then you should report them to staff for trying to bypass the ignore. Other than that, they can still continuously bounty you. Best to take it and eventually they will get bored.
SporkMonkey [2065017]
It is very possible. Maybe their parents didn't hug them enough, or maybe an uncle hugged them a little too much.

Either way, there are some people in this game that are just piles of shit. Others, you can apologize to, they do it for a little longer, and they get it out of their system. Even some that, when you apologize, they just let it end.

More piles of shit than most communities though.
TheDarkLight [2048878]
Something like this happened to me, trust me they'll eventually get bored. Generally it'll only last 1-3 weeks or until they run out of money. Good luck to you though, hope you don't end up quitting over this. :)
Momma_Duck [2319944]
Dude, look at the bounties. It’s some JackMehov or something putting all those 100k, 300k, and mil bounties. And even ignored, they can still put a message through if they send this sandwich chick money or items.
Coldshot [2341073]
You can't send items or money when you are ignored, it blocks that.

If people try to bypass that with bounty-messaging, then it's not allowed.
WalkingTarget [2077507]
There's a difference between blocking the chat with them and putting them on the ignore list. If the chat is blocked they can still send you items with messages etc, but if they're on your ignore list they no longer can. Someone can correct me or not, but i believe the bounty message field gets blocked as well if they're on your ignore list.

*edit* patch list #80 Fixed bounty reason from ignored players appearing in received event

[image: i.ibb.co]
Hollow_Knight [476394]
Go eat yourself Piglet. My father died when I was 8 and my mother died 14 months later. Bring more than childish insults to the table you smelly swine!
Hollow_Knight [476394]
What's that?

Wait, you WANT to be bullied? I can do that for you swine! Don't worry, there is nothing sexual here. Pigs eat there own dead young so I don't think there is much I can do to shock you. Unless you didn't know....