Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Tool

Started by BackStabbath [886794] on in Music.

8 replies · 57 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 9 / 9 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
9
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
8
Authority score
22 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
49 / 100
BackStabbath [886794]
So Tool is playing a couple new tunes on their tour. What did you guys think of them?

Invincible gives me vibes of Third Eye and The Patient. I love that guitar riff.

They've been playing an unfinished version of Descending for a couple years but now it has lyrics and more structure.

I really dig them both. Sounds like August 30th is the release date for the album. I feel like it'll be worth the wait.

https://youtu.be/akeCFH7YybM

https://youtu.be/8ZJIldL5TZU
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor
I only ran thru Invincible once, so I may need another go at it. I didn't hear any tension in it so there's no release and felt like it wasn't going anywhere. Maybe its not fully developed yet.

Descending was much better. I'll get a first hand opinion from a buddy who was in Birmingham last night when I get home for the weekend.  His only comment so far was they stretched out on Schism quite a bit.
BackStabbath [886794]
I'm sure there's a lot that we won't be able to hear until the album comes out but Invincible had some really cool guitar riffs in it. I agree that it was rather anticlimactic but I still really liked it.
PrivateSnowball [111337]
they both seem to be pretty great tracks but its so hard to truly appreciate it through live bootlegs. been waiting for this new album for too long. so glad the time has finally came
Ladyviv [2293809]
I have seen TOOL three times live and they are incredibly amazing. You def won't regret seeing them and Yes! seeing them perform is worth any wait in my opinion.
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor
I typically pay zero attention to Billboard charts and mainstream reviews.

But thought it was interesting that the title track is the longest track to make it into the Top 100.

Fall Tour announced and things seem a bit settled in their world for the moment.
BackStabbath [886794]
Dude the new album absolutely blew me away. I've really been digging Invincible and Descending since they started playing them live but 7empest and Pneuma are instant classics. I still need to relisted a few more times before I will be able to fully process it.

I dont really care if it loved up to anyone else's expectations, but it absolutely lived up to mine. They've evolved so much since the early days and I love it.