f**king gold 😂😂
Boris Protest
Started by PurpPurp [1990116] on in Politics & Law.
Posts archived: 59 / 59 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
People seem to like to protest everything nowadays. I mean, why would POTUS care if a few unemployed louts in Leeds or wherever with nothing better to do don't like him? Crazy, I just do not have enough free time to bother with protesting, it rarely, if ever has a positive result.
The anti-Mr Johnson protesters were a few thousand people throughout the whole of the UK protesting. It was hardly a success but made to look much more than it was by the left wing press who took very close up photographs of the rag tag bunch of communists to make it look like there was a huge outrage amongst the population.
There was a protest here in Leeds, a few hippies and little old ladies stood at the side of the road, it was laughable.
The UK - EU referendum 3 years ago had the highest ever turnout of voters this country had ever seen - out of the 46,501,241 people registered to vote, 72.2% actually turned up to the ballot boxes and 51.9% of those voted to leave. Remainers are trying to find anything possible to delay and then undo the result of the referendum because they think that they are right and those wanting to leave the EU are wrong.
The whinges nowadays are that the question posed to the people was not specific enough - to leave or to remain. Pretty specific to me and the bit about a deal? Rubbish, there never was a mandate to leave with a prearranged deal. In fact, I presumed we would just leave (with no deal) and then go about our merry way making what deals WE wanted with EU and non-EU countries. This is what the bad losers cannot fathom, that people voted knowing exactly what they voted for. We get called old, racists, xenophobes, stupid, un-educated and out of touch. Why? Because we did not vote the same way as they did.
As soon as any protest has more than 17,410,742 people protesting I will take notice, until then, Corbyn and his communists can plot and plan how to destroy the democracy of this country. If by any chance they manage to do so then I predict it is the end of democracy and parliament as we know it in the UK.
The anti-Mr Johnson protesters were a few thousand people throughout the whole of the UK protesting. It was hardly a success but made to look much more than it was by the left wing press who took very close up photographs of the rag tag bunch of communists to make it look like there was a huge outrage amongst the population.
There was a protest here in Leeds, a few hippies and little old ladies stood at the side of the road, it was laughable.
The UK - EU referendum 3 years ago had the highest ever turnout of voters this country had ever seen - out of the 46,501,241 people registered to vote, 72.2% actually turned up to the ballot boxes and 51.9% of those voted to leave. Remainers are trying to find anything possible to delay and then undo the result of the referendum because they think that they are right and those wanting to leave the EU are wrong.
The whinges nowadays are that the question posed to the people was not specific enough - to leave or to remain. Pretty specific to me and the bit about a deal? Rubbish, there never was a mandate to leave with a prearranged deal. In fact, I presumed we would just leave (with no deal) and then go about our merry way making what deals WE wanted with EU and non-EU countries. This is what the bad losers cannot fathom, that people voted knowing exactly what they voted for. We get called old, racists, xenophobes, stupid, un-educated and out of touch. Why? Because we did not vote the same way as they did.
As soon as any protest has more than 17,410,742 people protesting I will take notice, until then, Corbyn and his communists can plot and plan how to destroy the democracy of this country. If by any chance they manage to do so then I predict it is the end of democracy and parliament as we know it in the UK.
Bang on!
Ha ha ha ha ha The Guardian? The biggest Pro-Remain, anti-government paper in the country!!
If you want to be treated as a grown up I would suggest that you stop quoting the Guardian (and I know you didn't but just in case, do not quote the Daily Mail either).
If I could be arsed (and I cannot as my Sunday roast is nearly ready) I could give you just as many opposite thinking quotes from other sources who support leaving. I am not saying they would be accurate as both sides play with figures and statistics to suit their purpose.
If you want to know how many businesses are looking to leave the UK, pop around 20 or so of the local businesses in your area and ask them personally. I would hazard a guess that not one would be re-locating.
If you want to be treated as a grown up I would suggest that you stop quoting the Guardian (and I know you didn't but just in case, do not quote the Daily Mail either).
If I could be arsed (and I cannot as my Sunday roast is nearly ready) I could give you just as many opposite thinking quotes from other sources who support leaving. I am not saying they would be accurate as both sides play with figures and statistics to suit their purpose.
If you want to know how many businesses are looking to leave the UK, pop around 20 or so of the local businesses in your area and ask them personally. I would hazard a guess that not one would be re-locating.
The US President doesn't care about people in Leeds. His only job is to care about American people elites and their leadership while giving lip service to crazy people however infantile and feebleminded they are. The self-serving journalists then write their articles about him, either ridiculing him or supporting his ridiculous behaviour. Circulation of such piles of dung has probably never been higher.
So thousands of people already made redundant by Brexit doesn't concern you? A strong economy is the foundation on which a country is built. A weaker economy creates a weaker country. It's therefore patriotic to be anti-Brexit. A country of the UK's size and power is struggling to get good deals, that's why other countries like France and Germany have formed a group that can get them good deals.
The largest turnout ever for a referendum had millions of voters. Clearly, public protesters are only a tiny fraction of the millions upon millions of people who voted in the referendum. Of the millions who voted, the worst affected are already in the thousands. These people are protesting in public spaces are more than any counter protest.
The voters in the referendum latched onto Johnson's promise of 300 million pounds for the NHS. They are given 1 billion pounds, however, the devil is in the detail as ever with promises made by politicians. This extra funding for the NHS is a loosening of austerity budget agreed no doubt by May and Johnson. Johnson knew that he could promise more funding for the NHS if he became PM. That's where the money came from. I still want to know where the money pit is in the EU from which Johnson is giving to the NHS like he promised.
A significant number of voters in the referendum strongly believed that the UK could get a deal from the EU. This wasn't made clear in the result but is clearly an important factor in voting. New polls indicate that the electorate is changing its opinion now that the reality of Brexit is becoming clearer to them.
I question the strength of Johnson's mandate. Only 200,000 people voted for a Johnson Premiership and the Tory Party has a tiny majority in parliament. The electorate voted overwhelmingly in support of pro-EU parties in the last EU election. The result of that election is a good indicator of how they would vote in another referendum.
The UK as a country would change. Scotland is threatening another referendum. Ireland and Northern Ireland don't want a border, however, there have been unusual activity in the region. The police there are concerned that it's caused by Brexit.
So thousands of people already made redundant by Brexit doesn't concern you? A strong economy is the foundation on which a country is built. A weaker economy creates a weaker country. It's therefore patriotic to be anti-Brexit. A country of the UK's size and power is struggling to get good deals, that's why other countries like France and Germany have formed a group that can get them good deals.
The largest turnout ever for a referendum had millions of voters. Clearly, public protesters are only a tiny fraction of the millions upon millions of people who voted in the referendum. Of the millions who voted, the worst affected are already in the thousands. These people are protesting in public spaces are more than any counter protest.
The voters in the referendum latched onto Johnson's promise of 300 million pounds for the NHS. They are given 1 billion pounds, however, the devil is in the detail as ever with promises made by politicians. This extra funding for the NHS is a loosening of austerity budget agreed no doubt by May and Johnson. Johnson knew that he could promise more funding for the NHS if he became PM. That's where the money came from. I still want to know where the money pit is in the EU from which Johnson is giving to the NHS like he promised.
A significant number of voters in the referendum strongly believed that the UK could get a deal from the EU. This wasn't made clear in the result but is clearly an important factor in voting. New polls indicate that the electorate is changing its opinion now that the reality of Brexit is becoming clearer to them.
I question the strength of Johnson's mandate. Only 200,000 people voted for a Johnson Premiership and the Tory Party has a tiny majority in parliament. The electorate voted overwhelmingly in support of pro-EU parties in the last EU election. The result of that election is a good indicator of how they would vote in another referendum.
The UK as a country would change. Scotland is threatening another referendum. Ireland and Northern Ireland don't want a border, however, there have been unusual activity in the region. The police there are concerned that it's caused by Brexit.
I love it when people tell me, a leave voter why I voted to leave.
I did not care about money for the NHS
I did not care about any so called deal we would make with the EU before leaving.
I am not entirely sure about the 1000s of people made redundant because of Brexit as the UK has the highest employment levels ever at the moment.
Counter protest? What counter protest? You think leavers should protest because we are leaving?
You say the EU elections are an indication on how people would vote in another referendum? Lol - what other referendum? We had one, the country spoke.
Would you stay in a crippling, unhappy marriage just so you had a house to live in or would you plan and then leave for a better life?
Unlike you, I do not have the knowledge to quote why EVERYBODY voted to leave, I can only give you my reasons and those of people I personally know.
Neither I nor anyone else gave a flying f*** about deals etc. What I voted for was to distance us from the corrupt EU. I lived on mainland Europe and a more fringe area of the EU for 21 years until five years ago. I personally saw German, French and Cypriot economies crumble. I saw the standard of living drop hugely and the people get more and more annoyed at their predicament. The UK voted on staying or leaving - it voted to leave. The behaviour of the EU parliament since the referendum result should be a wake up call to anyone who was initially in two minds.
Having said that, I do not know how everyone voted, I do not know the reasons why people not known to me voted to leave or remain. What I will say though is that unlike the vast majority of remainers, I respect people's reasons for voting one way or the other and I would not deride anyone who voted differently to me.
We are still in the EU today, in fact we are on the huge planet Earth which has 195 countries on it. People are free to stay in the UK or to leave it and live elsewhere if they really dislike the fact that we are returning to be an independent country. I would not insult anyone who left and I would wish them the best.
I did not care about money for the NHS
I did not care about any so called deal we would make with the EU before leaving.
I am not entirely sure about the 1000s of people made redundant because of Brexit as the UK has the highest employment levels ever at the moment.
Counter protest? What counter protest? You think leavers should protest because we are leaving?
You say the EU elections are an indication on how people would vote in another referendum? Lol - what other referendum? We had one, the country spoke.
Would you stay in a crippling, unhappy marriage just so you had a house to live in or would you plan and then leave for a better life?
Unlike you, I do not have the knowledge to quote why EVERYBODY voted to leave, I can only give you my reasons and those of people I personally know.
Neither I nor anyone else gave a flying f*** about deals etc. What I voted for was to distance us from the corrupt EU. I lived on mainland Europe and a more fringe area of the EU for 21 years until five years ago. I personally saw German, French and Cypriot economies crumble. I saw the standard of living drop hugely and the people get more and more annoyed at their predicament. The UK voted on staying or leaving - it voted to leave. The behaviour of the EU parliament since the referendum result should be a wake up call to anyone who was initially in two minds.
Having said that, I do not know how everyone voted, I do not know the reasons why people not known to me voted to leave or remain. What I will say though is that unlike the vast majority of remainers, I respect people's reasons for voting one way or the other and I would not deride anyone who voted differently to me.
We are still in the EU today, in fact we are on the huge planet Earth which has 195 countries on it. People are free to stay in the UK or to leave it and live elsewhere if they really dislike the fact that we are returning to be an independent country. I would not insult anyone who left and I would wish them the best.
You are speaking for yourself and don't know or care why other people voted Leave.
Yes of course I am speaking for myself - I made that very clear in my post. I would never presume to speak for anyone other than myself and those I have discussed this with - which was very clear in my post.
You on the other hand are speaking for all 17,410,742 leave voters like you have a hidden power to know why they voted to leave, I quote two of your crazy assumptions:
"The voters in the referendum latched onto Johnson's promise of 300 million pounds for the NHS."
"A significant number of voters in the referendum strongly believed that the UK could get a deal from the EU."
How do you know this? Even three years is not long enough for you to phone everyone and ask this - or do you just blindly believe the left leaning gutter press?
Either way, you need to do some self reflection and think hard about the tripe you spew in forums. There are children in here who believe everything they read and you will confuse them into thinking your opinions are fact.
May I presume to suggest in future you start off any of your personal statements with 'In my opinion........" - just to avoid confusion.
Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.
You on the other hand are speaking for all 17,410,742 leave voters like you have a hidden power to know why they voted to leave, I quote two of your crazy assumptions:
"The voters in the referendum latched onto Johnson's promise of 300 million pounds for the NHS."
"A significant number of voters in the referendum strongly believed that the UK could get a deal from the EU."
How do you know this? Even three years is not long enough for you to phone everyone and ask this - or do you just blindly believe the left leaning gutter press?
Either way, you need to do some self reflection and think hard about the tripe you spew in forums. There are children in here who believe everything they read and you will confuse them into thinking your opinions are fact.
May I presume to suggest in future you start off any of your personal statements with 'In my opinion........" - just to avoid confusion.
Thank you for your anticipated co-operation.
Those are good guesses. Nobody can know with 100 percent certainty why people voted but there is no need to be afraid of making good guesses.
Making guesses is still better than risking a misunderstanding of a simple yes no vote that people voted years before they knew what they are getting themselves into.
Making guesses is still better than risking a misunderstanding of a simple yes no vote that people voted years before they knew what they are getting themselves into.
Then make it 100% clear they are just wild guesses why people voted to leave rather than quote them as if they are fact. Opinion is good but label it as such
I made it 100 percent clear they are GOOD guesses. Only idiotic, weird or immature people vote yes or no without a reason. Only reckless people vote yes or no without paying attention to the consequences of Brexit.
There is no doubt that people care about the NHS. It's a good guess that they can be persuaded by promises of extra funding for the NHS. There was tonnes of news before the referendum about the poor state of the NHS and how patient waiting times had gotten worse. Nurses and doctors were protesting for weeks just before the referendum. I am quite sure that none of this went unnoticed by the public. 300 million pounds extra a year would make a huge difference in the lives of millions of people.
Brexit supporting journalists and MPs had promised the public that although the EU has tough negotiators, they supposedly cave under pressure. Unfortunately, people believe them. The government has since spent years trying to negotiate a good deal.
I would be astonished if a significant percentage of Brexiteers don't care about this.
There is no doubt that people care about the NHS. It's a good guess that they can be persuaded by promises of extra funding for the NHS. There was tonnes of news before the referendum about the poor state of the NHS and how patient waiting times had gotten worse. Nurses and doctors were protesting for weeks just before the referendum. I am quite sure that none of this went unnoticed by the public. 300 million pounds extra a year would make a huge difference in the lives of millions of people.
Brexit supporting journalists and MPs had promised the public that although the EU has tough negotiators, they supposedly cave under pressure. Unfortunately, people believe them. The government has since spent years trying to negotiate a good deal.
I would be astonished if a significant percentage of Brexiteers don't care about this.
You seriously understimate the power of stupid.
Anyways the circus continues... Another delay request incoming...
Personally by now i would perfer the UK left sooner rather than later, all this circus isnt really good for either side... But the EU is surelly going to Grant once more a delay in hopes to avoid a no deal because of ireland.
Anyways the circus continues... Another delay request incoming...
Personally by now i would perfer the UK left sooner rather than later, all this circus isnt really good for either side... But the EU is surelly going to Grant once more a delay in hopes to avoid a no deal because of ireland.
No deal, just leave. Been my view since the referendum, and something I've supported since realizing the truth about the designs of the EU, long before it was finally created.
Yeah... We all know you clearly know your stuff...
A prime example:
Canadian by birth,
American by heart,
Idiot by choice.
A prime example:
Canadian by birth,
American by heart,
Idiot by choice.
oh f**k off you slime ball.
I will be surprised if there is a deal when we do leave the EU.
The people who dont want to leave the EU would never agree to any deal. They dont want to leave. Period.
That means the MPs who are of that mind set will just vote no on every deal offered to them.
They will drag their feet for years if they are allowed to do.
The people who dont want to leave the EU would never agree to any deal. They dont want to leave. Period.
That means the MPs who are of that mind set will just vote no on every deal offered to them.
They will drag their feet for years if they are allowed to do.
And they will be allowed to do so unfortunatly. EU does not want the blame or political responsibility of a no deal brexit and will keep acepting the delay requests.
So it will have to be the UK to either fall out, get a deal or cancel the leaving.
None of them are an options atm it seems, so you either need a new referendum, that being a yes or no question cannot cover the 3 real options, Stay, leave only with a deal and leave regardless of any deal or you need a general elections with each party campaining for their desired outcome and hope one of the three outcomes gets a majority in representatives to break the deadlock.
So it will have to be the UK to either fall out, get a deal or cancel the leaving.
None of them are an options atm it seems, so you either need a new referendum, that being a yes or no question cannot cover the 3 real options, Stay, leave only with a deal and leave regardless of any deal or you need a general elections with each party campaining for their desired outcome and hope one of the three outcomes gets a majority in representatives to break the deadlock.
Yes.
I knew when we voted to leave that it would drag on for years. I think it will drag on for many many many years ..
I knew when we voted to leave that it would drag on for years. I think it will drag on for many many many years ..
I recon it should not last longer than shortly after the next general election. If it does then it means UK is ungovernable, and another election will likely take place with a tired population giving power to the extremes, most likely the Brexit party i would assume.
Although the EU patience will likely last the UK's population patience i don't think it will. Uncertainty causes damage too.
Although the EU patience will likely last the UK's population patience i don't think it will. Uncertainty causes damage too.
Some people are stupid and some people are gullible.
Congratulations, Brexiteers, you won! Enjoy those £350,000,000 for the NHS A WEEK.
Meanwhile, the companies that generate vast amounts of wealth that support the UK are leaving.
I am astonished that a lot of people voted to be poorer, voted to cut funding for the NHS long term. We'll have American-style healthcare created slowly over the next 5-10 years led by May, Johnson, Trump, etc
Politicians put enormous amounts of thought into their actions. The electorate behaves like children. This has happened for over a century. It has happened more than once. Politicians are running rings around the electorate and only a few people can understand their true intentions. The journalists understand the politicians, that's why the politicians respect them.
Congratulations, Brexiteers, you won! Enjoy those £350,000,000 for the NHS A WEEK.
Meanwhile, the companies that generate vast amounts of wealth that support the UK are leaving.
I am astonished that a lot of people voted to be poorer, voted to cut funding for the NHS long term. We'll have American-style healthcare created slowly over the next 5-10 years led by May, Johnson, Trump, etc
Politicians put enormous amounts of thought into their actions. The electorate behaves like children. This has happened for over a century. It has happened more than once. Politicians are running rings around the electorate and only a few people can understand their true intentions. The journalists understand the politicians, that's why the politicians respect them.