Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

My confession

Started by TheDoctor12 [2359352] on in General Discussion.

39 replies · 1.36k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
40
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

TheDoctor12 [2359352]
Back in August I gained access to an account that I was not allowed to. I then shut down that account and deleted the email so that it could not be re-opened. I did this so that I could play off the account holder as my father, make up a story that he had committed suicide and then used that story in order to gather sympathy and get people to give me free stuff.

The person who ran the character of Sir Ulrich is not now nor was never dead. This was something that was done by me alone and he had no knowledge or instruction in it. If you have come across his new character, none of what I did was his fault. He has asked me to come on and clear this up publicly. And so this is my public confession.

To the people whom I have wronged, I am sorry that I lied to you and misled you. Since my actions continue to cause trouble for the person whos account I stole I will be deactivating this account and not making a new one.

- Ronny (not "Ulrich's Son")
animelive [1564720]
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. A reminder that death is the ultimate truth whether it is your choice or not. May he rest in peace and may you have the strength to cope up with your loss.
Beerstein [1322136]
I think in your search for answers you should also look at Robin Williams. In many cases, people that look to spread joy to others do it in part because they know how much it matters and don't want others to feel how they feel. I'm many ways it's that in deep depression sometimes the only way to feel joy or happiness is to feel it for others. In that way it also can give them meaning and purpose.

Anyway best wishes through the journey. The best you could do in his memory would probably be to try to share the same thoughtfulness to others the he spread and in that way, one of the things he was probably most proud of in himself continues on. Lot of assumptions here partly based in what you said but I'll stop. I hope you can find your way through it.
JimmyBonez [2290865]
Well written, i could feel that. Its hard to describe how one feels through something like that, but i know myself from a similar experience that you touched on what does happen to the people that are left behind. You are now hopefully living life and playing to the fullest, for the both of you. Take advantage of today, cause yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not guaranteed.
May he rest in peace.
Wollongong [12833]
I have never met the guy, something which I now regret.
Losing your dad is horrible, I know. Losing him unexpected to suicide is worst.

I have nothing to say which could alleviate the pain, so I will keep it short: Best of luck with your grieving.


(I also feel the urge to point out something to some people... This is also why I don't approve of anyone saying stuff like "Go kill yourself" to others in the forums, no matter how big of a troll they are).
Zed [390936]
Emotional to read, and for real its something serious that is becoming more and more common.

Really sorry for your loss mate

Campaign Against Living Miserably - A charity close to my partners family, not sure if it is global, but certainly available for those in the UK
PikiMoh [2003812]
Losing someone we love is nothing easy, specially parents, as nobody can take their places in our lives. :-|

My sincere condolences.
Honor_Scholar [2172892]
*condolences for your papa*

I never knew of something as this to take place for families in Torn in real life of something happening such as this. Neither did I know him, nor do I know you as much, but from your username, hopefully I could lighten mood slight bit with words from a wise green fella. Take care DarthKenobi:

The fear of loss is a path to the dark side... Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you...

~
Yoda

Edit: mod to mood
ChaosReigns [2169241]
I am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this dark time.

Please be assured that although his decision may have seemed selfish to you, in his mind he would have been convinced he was doing it for the greater good. When you are thinking along the lines of suicide, you convince yourself there is no alternative, even when there is.

I have nearly lost my wife on several suicide attempts over the last 18 months or so, had she succeeded my kids would be going through something similar to what you are now.

I only wish you all the best in trying to get through this grieving process. Always remember it is a process, and it will take time.
Evil-Duck [1182047]
Sorry to hear this sad news. May he RIP and glad to hear you are finding ways to help in your grieving process.

Pop a xan and become the next big thing in TORN in his honour

Peace