Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

My confession

Started by TheDoctor12 [2359352] on in General Discussion.

39 replies · 1.36k views · thread synced · 8 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 40 / 40 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

ElChapo [2157516]
Sorry for your / your family's loss, as you said, gone but not forgotten, but keep his memory alive, and he is still with you all <3
Swatsicle [1593313]
I'd be lying if I said I knew him well, but I still want to say something.

SirUlrich applied to my faction not long before he passed, and I was actually quite excited about letting him in. He seemed like a great guy; thought ahead to contact me even though he didn't meet the requirements; he was friendly and communicative, and seemed happy that I even considered him. I thought him a good fit to our pretty social faction, and I looked forward to playing with him. It's always great when friendly players join the group.

His passing blindsided me, as it must have you, too. I'm not very good with words in situations like this, so I'll try to keep it short: my sincerest condolences. It's obvious that you looked up to him a lot, and I'm sure you'll keep your memories of him close to you. I wish you all the best in healing.

Don't be afraid to reach out to someone if it's necessary to do so. Processing grief is a difficult task, and for some parts of it, you may be in need of help.


P.S. I've sent you this before, but I'd like to do it again, on the off chance you or someone else needs to see it today.
Muthannnaa [2150016]
I never met your father but i definitely think that as Swatsicle said. When stuff like this hits anyone of us its nice to see the outpouring of positive messages and support.

We are all united in the fact that we love torn the good and the bad of it. Your father seems like he was the "good" part of torn.

Regardless of the drama that happens here we all have your back.
CRLF [2095076]
In a recent interview, Stephen Colbert talked about the death of his father and brother in a plane crash when he was just a boy. It broke his mother, and Stephen turned to comedy to cheer her up. In many ways, he spent his whole life trying to make his mother happy.

I suspect it's not that unusual for some people whose lives are empty to say, well there's nothing here for me, I might as well spend my life helping other people and making them happy. As they age, they may reach a point where they fear they will be more of a burden than a help, and the little satisfaction they have in helping others burns away.

If someone dies inside but continues to go on for years to help those around them, please realize that you have already saved them. Every person he touched, every person he helped has saved him. He made it another day, another week, another year longer than he would have without you.

All of you mattered. And you did all that you possibly could do. You bought him extra time. The emptiness grew and ultimately he lost that battle. In the end, he said nothing because there was nothing left to say.

And if you are sad, or angry, or shocked, or hurt... that is a good sign. Because it means you don't understand his emptiness, you cannot fathom why he would do it. And THAT means you are in a healthy state of mind.

I am sorry for your loss. As much as you want to understand why he did this, I pray for your sake that it never makes sense to you. Go forth, be happy, live a good life. Be assured that you provided him with his happiest moments here on earth.
Passie [936578]
I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'll hope you will find the strength to move on and find peace.
It's next to impossible to find reason or understanding in such a decision.

I'll hope time will heal your wounds and you'll be able to come to terms with his decision.
Remember the good times you had and let your dad live on through all the loving memories you both created.
Twitter [2309219]
As someone who has experienced severe depression for much of my adult life, I feel like its important for me to share my experiences with it, in hopes that some of your questions about your father can be answered.

For me, depression wasn't the result of an outside influence. There was no cause and effect, no rhyme or reason in most cases....just an overwhelming feeling of despair and hopelessness that frustrated the shit out of me, because a perfectly good day could rapidly become the worst day of my life. There were so many times that I found myself wishing it would end, which led to the inevitable thoughts that the only way it could end was if I ended my own life.

I didn't, obviously. But the struggle was a constant at times, and unfortunately it never mattered how many people loved me and wanted to be there for me. Because in the end, everyone believes that you should be able to just "shake it off", so talking to them felt like I was admitting that I was a pussy because I couldn't cope on my own. And for men, especially....admitting weakness to those who look up to you would have made the depression even more unbearable.

I said all that to say this: please find it in you to forgive your father. Depression is a cancer of the soul, eating away at all that makes us rational. Yes, many of us succeed in fighting it, but too many do not. And though I understand how painful it is to you and your family, please take comfort in knowing that his suffering has ended. It's perfectly understandable to be angry, but please be angry at the disease, not the man who likely fought it valiantly right up until the moment it finally overpowered him.
Indubitably [2117849]
He's still with you, every single day. He loved you deeply.

Don't forget that.

So when tomorrow starts without me
Do not think we’re apart
For every time you think of me
Remember I’m right here in your heart
Seamen [2307728]
Being happy on the ouside does not reflect what we feel on the inside. We all have our demons, depression is one of the hardest battles to fight. Goes unnoticed by your loved ones and most of the times they chose to fight it by themself(sadly).
I’m sorry for your loss.
ChaosReigns [2169241]
It’s nice to see you do have a compassionate side. R+

Edit: DUDE disliked your post



SirUlrich (2174880) Gone but not forgotten

Erm ok?

Blueberry_Tart [2280676]
I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't know your father, but he sounds like a great guy. Please remember to be kind to yourself as you grieve. Hearts to you, friend.
Durza [2144805]
Sorry for your loss, DarthKenobi. It is hard to lose a parent young in life, no matter the cause. Let the page turn but keep the book open. You will have good days and you will have bad days. Know they are coming and accept them both as part of the process. Healing happens, but it happens slowly and often with a great deal of simple acceptance.

He seemed a good person from the limited interactions I had with him. I am sure there is part of that legacy in you. I hope it is something you will cherish as time goes on. You can make it through this. You are not alone. Please do not be afraid to reach out if and when you need to.