Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Connection problems

Started by hellnback [983032] on in Questions & Answers.

10 replies · 131 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
4
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
hellnback [983032]
I'm putting this here rather than bugs because I might just be doing something dumb.

For the last couple of months, I haven't been able to access Torn directly from my phone (Moto G6). I get a 'connection closed' error. I'm fairly sure it's being blocked by the browser check at log in. I can still log in normally from other devices, and I can still log in from my phone if I use a VPN, but it's not an IP block because it doesn't matter what IP I'm on with the phone, and I can log in from the laptop when they are on the same IP.

I've tried the obvious stuff, resetting, clearing cache, clearing DNS, cookies, etc. but it's still happening. After I reset or clean up, I can usually get the 'checking browser' screen up once. Then it throws up the error message, and I can't even get that page up again.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Because it's really limiting when I can play at the moment.
The_Healer [1787515]
Have you tried using another web browser on the your phone?
Also when you are using torn on your phone, are you using wifi data or mobile data?
The_Healer [1787515]
Try this, check to see if you phone is up to date and the web browser is up to date

Turn off wifi, Keep mobile data on
Clear history and cache
Then go and see if you can access Torn
If still not
Turn on wifi, Turn off mobile data
Clear history and cache
Then go and see if you can access Torn.
hellnback [983032]
Nope, still can't connect. Everything is up to date, and if I use a VPN I can connect using Chrome with wifi or mobile data.

The first time I try to connect after the clearing the cache and history, I get the 'checking browser' screen. Then it goes to the connection closed error page, and whenever I try again after that, it goes straight to the error page without showing the checking browser screen.

(Thanks for your help by the way!)
No_yolo_plz [1889385]
Im guessing it is Torn that is rejecting your phone, not your own fault.

To protect itself (Torn) from potential attacks Torn will first analyze your connection, device, browser, etc. before accepting the connection.
Now what I am guessing is that your phone is either missing some key information or preventing Torn from accessing it and therefore Torn rejects the connection as a preemptive measure.

When you connect to the vpn, ur vpn is encrypting your internet traffic and Torn would see that. If Torn sees an accepted vpn host then the connection would go through.
hellnback [983032]
Using Firefox doesn't help.

I don't think it's the same problem as those links because it affects all my network connections (inc mobile data), not just a specific wifi network, and as far as I've been able to tell this is the only site that I can't connect to.

If it's an issue with my phone and Torn security, what can I do to fix it?