8 to goooo !
Make Trades Better Please.
Started by oraN [1778676] on in Suggestions.
Posts archived: 52 / 52 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
bump.
up
3 more to go let's get this
R+
Until we entirely rebuild the ageing trade system at some point, I can't see this being possible. And integrating it into the chat seems pretty weird. Surely there's a better way...
For now, can't we just solve this entirely and intuitively by adding an event along with any manually entered messages in the trade box, with a link to the trade?
"Jeff commented on your pending trade: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"
For now, can't we just solve this entirely and intuitively by adding an event along with any manually entered messages in the trade box, with a link to the trade?
"Jeff commented on your pending trade: Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah"
You sort of gave me an idea regrading the chat part
What if you get a ping via private chat when the other player adds something to the trade along with the message of what they added etc?
And each time they make changes and/or accept you get a ping via chat I can't think of a better way to catch some ones attentions other than a sound and visual notification like that of private chat.
lets say I add items in the trade then it will both show up in the trade log, and in the private chat that'll ping the other player that some form of activity was made between their trade AND it will also show what was done via private chat.
So if I add 25 Xanax, in my private chat with this person it would say :
Baron Added 25xXanax To The Trade
Oran Removed 100xBricks from the Trade
Baron:Hey I added the Xanax
Oran:okay i'll add the cash
Oran Added $25,000,000 To The Trade
Mind you this will both appear both in private chat and in the trade page but for the private chat it will ping you every time something was either added or removed and when the trade was either accepted or cancelled. I think it would be neat this way. idk how this would be added it would probably be weird in the background wen codding but i think it's more simple and straight forward
What if you get a ping via private chat when the other player adds something to the trade along with the message of what they added etc?
And each time they make changes and/or accept you get a ping via chat I can't think of a better way to catch some ones attentions other than a sound and visual notification like that of private chat.
lets say I add items in the trade then it will both show up in the trade log, and in the private chat that'll ping the other player that some form of activity was made between their trade AND it will also show what was done via private chat.
So if I add 25 Xanax, in my private chat with this person it would say :
Baron Added 25xXanax To The Trade
Oran Removed 100xBricks from the Trade
Baron:Hey I added the Xanax
Oran:okay i'll add the cash
Oran Added $25,000,000 To The Trade
Mind you this will both appear both in private chat and in the trade page but for the private chat it will ping you every time something was either added or removed and when the trade was either accepted or cancelled. I think it would be neat this way. idk how this would be added it would probably be weird in the background wen codding but i think it's more simple and straight forward
Can't believe this is my first time seeing this! I have many of the same problems you've outlined. I couldn't even imagine the magnitude of the problems at 20TPM.
While I do think there are better ways to accomplish this, what Ched has outlined in his reply would be a very welcomed change for now until there can be a trade rebuild.
While I do think there are better ways to accomplish this, what Ched has outlined in his reply would be a very welcomed change for now until there can be a trade rebuild.
That has been added, it will be made live with the next push scheduled for Oct 15th thanks.
Awesome!
To add to the suggestions already said in here, I would like to see the ability to open and close trades. I always wake up with many trades that had been started while I was asleep. Most of the time the trades had either expired or the user has gone offline by the time I get there. The first half hour of my day is spent sending messages to missed trades so it doesn't seem like I was just ignoring them. Some traders put an open/closed sign on their thread or on their profile but many times it goes unnoticed. Having the ability to simply open or close trades much like you can your bazaar would solve a lot of these issues.
I don't know if this is something that could easily be put in place or something that would also have to wait until a full trade rebuild, but when the time comes that you start working on a trade rebuild let us know. :) I applaud you for the discussion going on right now with the mug rebuild and I will gladly help in whatever way I can when a trade rebuild comes.
To add to the suggestions already said in here, I would like to see the ability to open and close trades. I always wake up with many trades that had been started while I was asleep. Most of the time the trades had either expired or the user has gone offline by the time I get there. The first half hour of my day is spent sending messages to missed trades so it doesn't seem like I was just ignoring them. Some traders put an open/closed sign on their thread or on their profile but many times it goes unnoticed. Having the ability to simply open or close trades much like you can your bazaar would solve a lot of these issues.
I don't know if this is something that could easily be put in place or something that would also have to wait until a full trade rebuild, but when the time comes that you start working on a trade rebuild let us know. :) I applaud you for the discussion going on right now with the mug rebuild and I will gladly help in whatever way I can when a trade rebuild comes.
This would make my life so much easier
its already implemented