FINISHED. Thanks for playing, everyone.
Plain and simple, good ol' bingo. A little something to motivate some people, or spice up the day. I was thinking about putting this together for my faction, but figured what better way to tune it up and get ideas then throw it through the people of torn? If you have any ideas or suggestions on the game I'd love to hear it. I tried to keep it simple and fair so everyone can play, but some things in torn are just easier to achieve then others for some players. Some will be luck, and some will be determination. I imagine once in play the game will run for a couple days, but maybe some people are more determined then I am imagining.
Example of a bingo card here:[image: myfreebingocards.com] I will be making some more changes, limited to things I can check through personal stats. But just an idea of what this is.
First, the good stuff: Each of the three winners will receive a drug pack as prize. Now, for the RULES:
There will be three winners. In play on each card will be a) four outside corners b) an x across the card (corner to corner) and c) a 5 across line in any direction. (Google is your friend if you need a picture.) Winners cannot win more then one. First three to post their successfully marked off card in this thread will get the prize. Even if someone posted ahead of you, throw it here anyways, in case of false bingo. I will confirm the winner for the three as they post and I verify their card, in order of posting, whenever I log in and check. Everything I have added to these cards can be checked through personal stats.
If you are interested in participating, reply in the thread. Once the game starts I will mail off the bingo cards to everyone at the same time, to try to ensure the most even game footing. I will be keeping track of each card that I send to each person, and it only counts if the card that I sent to you is completed, by you.
Currently participation will be capped at 30 people (though I doubt that many will be interested) as I only have 30 cards. Also, it already seems like a lot of work, more would begin to get daunting. Perhaps if it took off and I did another round there could be a buy-in amount, for the pool of winnings, and people could buy more then one card. At the moment, it is limited to one card per person. I'm sure I will encounter issues, so trying to keep it simple.
No cheating, please. This includes making up your own card, sending in a card before its completed (IE round trip means you must be back in torn before it's considered complete,) or whatever else someone can come up with. Cheaters will be disqualified. This is bingo, not baseball, one strike and you're out.
Any questions just ask me here, PM, or mail, I'm happy to clear anything up.
Game will start approx Wednesday 00:00 TCT. Give or take, depending when I can get on with enough time to stably mail out the bingo cards. Game will end once there are three winners.
Good luck.
Winners:
A) VenomNuts
B) Sashins
C) Primefun
Plain and simple, good ol' bingo. A little something to motivate some people, or spice up the day. I was thinking about putting this together for my faction, but figured what better way to tune it up and get ideas then throw it through the people of torn? If you have any ideas or suggestions on the game I'd love to hear it. I tried to keep it simple and fair so everyone can play, but some things in torn are just easier to achieve then others for some players. Some will be luck, and some will be determination. I imagine once in play the game will run for a couple days, but maybe some people are more determined then I am imagining.
Example of a bingo card here:[image: myfreebingocards.com] I will be making some more changes, limited to things I can check through personal stats. But just an idea of what this is.
First, the good stuff: Each of the three winners will receive a drug pack as prize. Now, for the RULES:
There will be three winners. In play on each card will be a) four outside corners b) an x across the card (corner to corner) and c) a 5 across line in any direction. (Google is your friend if you need a picture.) Winners cannot win more then one. First three to post their successfully marked off card in this thread will get the prize. Even if someone posted ahead of you, throw it here anyways, in case of false bingo. I will confirm the winner for the three as they post and I verify their card, in order of posting, whenever I log in and check. Everything I have added to these cards can be checked through personal stats.
If you are interested in participating, reply in the thread. Once the game starts I will mail off the bingo cards to everyone at the same time, to try to ensure the most even game footing. I will be keeping track of each card that I send to each person, and it only counts if the card that I sent to you is completed, by you.
Currently participation will be capped at 30 people (though I doubt that many will be interested) as I only have 30 cards. Also, it already seems like a lot of work, more would begin to get daunting. Perhaps if it took off and I did another round there could be a buy-in amount, for the pool of winnings, and people could buy more then one card. At the moment, it is limited to one card per person. I'm sure I will encounter issues, so trying to keep it simple.
No cheating, please. This includes making up your own card, sending in a card before its completed (IE round trip means you must be back in torn before it's considered complete,) or whatever else someone can come up with. Cheaters will be disqualified. This is bingo, not baseball, one strike and you're out.
Any questions just ask me here, PM, or mail, I'm happy to clear anything up.
Game will start approx Wednesday 00:00 TCT. Give or take, depending when I can get on with enough time to stably mail out the bingo cards. Game will end once there are three winners.
Good luck.
Winners:
A) VenomNuts
B) Sashins
C) Primefun