Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

remembering 9/11

Started by IceNineKills [2363046] on in General Non-related.

26 replies · 331 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 27 / 27 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
27
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
49 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

IceNineKills [2363046]
i put this thread up here to remember the fallen first responders who sacrificed they're lives to try to save those trapped in the buildings. remember. if you have a story of 9/11 please comment. please say where you were that day if you were old enough to remember.
Hollow_Knight [476394]
I was in 4th grade. Other teachers kept coming and going from our room. Eventually my teacher turned on the tv and we all just kind of sat there staring in disbelief. They dismissed the whole school pretty quickly. Still can't believe its been 18 years since that day.


Also, who is the unfeeling piece of garbage who reported this thread??
FIDEL-CASTRO [1003091]
I remember. I was sitting next to Detective_Vlad in my 10th grade Biology class that morning. The principal came on over the intercom and announced that our country was under attack. The rest of the day in our classes all we did was watch the news. A lot of kids were picked up early from school that day.

I had a good friend I chatted with on AOL. She lived on Long Island. We would occasionally call each other long distance a few times a month and chat. I called her when I got home and she said she could see the smoke from her house.

A lot has changed since then. Hard to believe it was 18 years ago. It's still fresh in my mind.
AlexeaNikkole [888237]
8 emts
60 police
343 firefighters
2997 civilians

All remembered.


I worked in the financial district for an insurance magazine and lot of our clients were on the 99th and 100th floor that I talked to almost every week.
Westend [107444]
Was at one of our locations about 1 mile from Pentagon And proud to have been on the team to help rebuild it even stronger!!! Soon after I decided to become a citizen. Lots of sic people in this world that hide behind religions to spread their hate.
MeanSteve [1696566]
I vividly remember that 8th grade sitting in a classroom, the instructor turned on the television and we watched the news for the rest of the day.

Then five years later I joined the army and went to fight in the war on global terrorism.
DR34M_W34V3R [1886958]
I was teaching high school, my buddy was on break having his coffee browsing the web catching up on news, comes running into my room, PUT ON THE TV!!! We watched it live. It was against school policy apparently to do this, I got in big trouble over it. After that you couldnt show anything on tv without a pre-approved questionnaire that accompanied the video that was approved by the district superintendent. I knew the repercussions but I felt that this was real life history going down and it was wayyyy more important than the math I was trying to teach that day.

May all of the victims and first responders that have passed RIP. And respect to the military retired and active and intelligence agencies that help to keep us safe every day
Blueberry_Tart [2280676]
I was driving to work and happened to have the radio on and the DJ said, "We are getting an unconfirmed report that a plane has struck one of the World Trade Center buildings." They went on to talk about how it must be a terrible accident, but there was no other updates as of yet. A few minutes later as I was parking my car, the second plane struck. I was in shock. I went into the small office I worked in and asked my boss to drag the TV out we used for training videos and we all just sat and watched the news for hours. Then we closed the office early, and I went home watched the news for the rest of the night and cried.

So many innocent people, so many rescuers who rushed INTO chaos and hell to try to help, lost. So many lives lost. It still makes me sad.
vlasktom [2148971]
I was in 7th grade. I was busy taking the Indiana Standardized Test of Educational Progress (ISTEP) when the attacks happened. I didn't know anything had happened until I went to lunch. On my way to to the cafeteria, lots of people were upset, some were saying that we were all going to die, and some were just in shock. I asked my friends what had happened, and they reacted like I was some creature from another planet. It wasn't until I got to study hall after lunch that I was able to see a TV. My study hall teacher had the TV on CNN. He handed me the remote, like usual, and said that I could change the channel if I wanted. I said, "nah, that's ok. This seems interesting." We all sat there and watched the footage of the planes hitting the buildings and the buildings collapsing for the better part of an hour.

May the victims rest in peace. May the families have everlasting peace.

It's hard to believe that it's been 18 years since that historic day.

Edit: I would also like to mention that a good friend of mine was inside the Pentagon, and about 2 rooms from the impact zone, when the plane hit. He not only survived, but he helped a couple people escape immediately afterwards. An unsung hero. To my knowledge, he wasn't even military or a first responder. He was a guy that worked for a military contractor and was presenting something to the military
Luke [1993031]
I was in 4th grade. None of the teachers told us anything, and so I ended up making it until about 5pm before one of my friends told me, and I noticed then that everyone had a very solemn attitude. It was scary because until that point in my life (I was only about 9 years old), the world had been at relative peace, but you kind of knew that that was about to change.

It's been 18 years; crazy to think that every child in the world now was born AFTER 9/11. Feels impossible, as if it were not that long ago.
DominicV [2289277]
I don't remember it, but my mother works in DC and says she was driving to work and heard it on the radio. They didn't know how bad it was at that point. At 10 o'clock they evacuated her building and she and my father drove home and watched the news until afetr midnight. My facther saw the smoke from the Pentagon.

Never forget.
Shavedarmpit [2360543]
Who reported this thread?:(
I was in the second grade back then and my heart broke when I saw it on TV. I was literally worried, since I had relatives in New York. I know that New York is a big city, but back then we had no idea whether or not they're fine as we couldn't get in touch with them.

RIP everyone that passed away in this terrible tragedy.