No biggie but since I got to Class D I've racked up 75 points really quickly. However the last 10 races or so I've finished in 6th every time. Is this just random which I don't mind if it is but if not am I doing something wrong? Am puzzled more than anything..
Racing question
Started by WelshTony [2179935] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 5
- Likes on archived posts
- 3
- Authority score
- 43 / 100
- Historical score
- 15 / 100
- Story score
- 27 / 100
- Engagement score
- 46 / 100
I found in C class I needed to spend points on my car quite heavily compared to E and D. If I remember I spent:-
E Class- 1 point
D Class - 5 points
C class - 98 points
B class - 153 points
And I'm about 10-15 points away from A class with over 200 points stored and ready to use
So check how well you've souped your car up, and also remember it could be down to racing against people with higher racing skills with similar cars
E Class- 1 point
D Class - 5 points
C class - 98 points
B class - 153 points
And I'm about 10-15 points away from A class with over 200 points stored and ready to use
So check how well you've souped your car up, and also remember it could be down to racing against people with higher racing skills with similar cars
Read Baldr's guide, it helped me get to class A in under a month without using to many points. You can find it here https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=21&t=15963648&b=0&a=0
Mentions: TORN Racing FAQ - Baldr
I found, and I have seen other people say, that class C is the hardest. There seems to be no particular car that will get consistent podium finishes, so it is a slow plod. Like revstevew said, you can do more upgrades, but it depends on how much of a hurry you are in. If you can save those racing points, then you will be better off later. If you had been getting a lot of good finishes, it may just be a little run of bad luck, and you will get through it.
Well I think I now understand the issue and it wasn't bad luck it was bad understanding.
I follow Baldr's guide and it says you move up to Class C when you get 100 points - I didn't realise this included the 25 I got from Class E so I'm on 100 in total which has shoved me up to Class C.
I might stop finishing 6th now when I get a new car and upgrade it with 75 points :)
Thanks for the replies.
I follow Baldr's guide and it says you move up to Class C when you get 100 points - I didn't realise this included the 25 I got from Class E so I'm on 100 in total which has shoved me up to Class C.
I might stop finishing 6th now when I get a new car and upgrade it with 75 points :)
Thanks for the replies.
Make sure you don't use more points than necessary. It's a process. You want to spend enough to win races so you can earn more, but not spend so many that you struggle in the next class because you can't afford any upgrades.