When I went to login this morning I got that warning up in the address bar. It's not a huge thing, I don't remember ever seeing it anywhere but on this Chromebook. It's most likely just one script being loaded over http instead of https or the ssl certificate for where it's being loaded from is expired. Unfortunately developer tools are disabled on this Chromebook so I can't tell you which script it was. I'll try again a bit later from a Windows machine and see if I get the same message.
Scripts From Unauthorized Sources
Started by BaconPizza [2082847] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 8
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 0
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 59 / 100
- Historical score
- 38 / 100
- Story score
- 37 / 100
- Engagement score
- 47 / 100
It does happen across all devices. There is a call to http://torn.com instead of https://torn.com easy fix.
Do you know where this call is being made?
How do you replicate it? What page is this on, etc?
How do you replicate it? What page is this on, etc?
It's on the main page, https://torn.com. To replicate it you just visit the page. I didn't see where it was at, but I'll look and see if I can find it when I get home. I'm not sure whether it only happens on the first time you visit the page on a browser. I'll run several more tests when I get home and try to send screenshots and more info.
[image: i.ibb.co][image: i.ibb.co]
The first image shows the line and file that I believe the request was made on, the second image shows the error the console logged for it.
The first image shows the line and file that I believe the request was made on, the second image shows the error the console logged for it.
Hm, I'm not sure!
I will pass this over to Joe.
I will pass this over to Joe.
Sviat may be able to help.
Hi there!
Actually any link that does not stand as a resource to load should not cause any SSL/Security problems. In fact, the <link href="http://www.torn.com" /> is not a resource to load, a broken link instead. And it's currently fixed.
Thanks and have a nice Play! ;)
Actually any link that does not stand as a resource to load should not cause any SSL/Security problems. In fact, the <link href="http://www.torn.com" /> is not a resource to load, a broken link instead. And it's currently fixed.
Thanks and have a nice Play! ;)