Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

EVE Online

Started by Wolfhunt3r [2096603] on in Gaming.

11 replies · 82 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
8 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
51 / 100
Wolfhunt3r [2096603]
Hey everyone!

Anyone else playing EVE Online? I've was in and out of it a couple of times between 2009 - 2017 when I came back and fell completely into it and hasn't really gotten out since, even though I do play other games also.

I know the game gets some sh*t here and there for being "Excel Online" or whatever but I really enjoy the depths of the game and without all the different things to try out (which you first need to get skills for) I would probably gotten bored out a long time ago. Now I just change between things to do in the game and do not grow tired of.
Cthulhu [1616063]
Nothing wrong with EVE Online apart from the fact that you basically have to spend ALL your time playing it. It's hard to be a casual EVE player :\
That was always my issue, I just don't have the time to invest any more.
Vulture [2169837]
I enjoyed it big time for the short time that I played it. I think I got too involved with PvP after joining the goon swarm and living in null sec. It kinda turned the game stale for me. Don't get me wrong, I think I would have enjoyed it more if I had more friends playing it with me, but it really did end up being quite time consuming. Then they added skill injectors and a lot of people raged saying the game was unfair now. Long story short, I didn't play much longer. Between twirling my docked ship waiting for squads to assemble, and swirling my docked ship waiting for bad guys to leave the area, I spent most of my time parked in EVE.


Definitely is a pretty fun game regardless!
Vehemos [1707870]
Your money making capability scales, they have nerfed a lot of drone ships recently but in Null Sec you can still rake in 40m ISK/hr using a Gila (more if you can fly something like a Hel)
But that gets boring really quick, what I am more interested in is EXPLORATION, it takes time to find the sites and do them but each site gives like 100-300m ISK so if you're solo then imo exploration in null sec and WH space is best.
ofc if you can get a group of 2-4 moderately skilled players then you can do gank on other poor souls and sell their stuff and divide the loot which is fun and earns money, both at the same time. x)
Hcom3 [2003693]
I have played it a bit, started to grind, and explore, but it got tedious. Also, for some reason wormholes always scared me xD, not knowing where anything, anybody is. I hope I never get into it again, I don't have the time.
Hcom3 [2003693]
pls no

thing is I never got killed in wormholes, cept for maybe one or two times the enemies that spawned were too much for my tiny little ship.

Was always like one or two jumps from my home system, people set up camp there, probably lost like 10 ships from that.

God If I have to make another f**king trip to my local trade hub.
Wolfhunt3r [2096603]
You and me both then, or... I was... I recently switched to another corp withing the alliance =)

(Still play EVE most of my time off from work and training).