Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Awareness merits effect

Started by MasterOfSystem [155541] on in General Discussion.

41 replies · 1.69k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 42 / 42 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
42
Discussion span
→
Authority score
53 / 100
Historical score
37 / 100
Story score
65 / 100
Engagement score
75 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Mauk [1494436] ×2

MasterOfSystem [155541]
Hello.

I'm working in a Zoo and decided to track my city findings.

These are my findings for a period of 31 days, WITHOUT the merits (the items highlighted are worth over 2M):
[image: i.imgur.com]

These are my findings for a period of 31 days WITH 10/10 merits on awareness (again, highlighted items worth over 2M):
[image: i.imgur.com]



As you can see:
  • there's a total of 16 items found in the first 31 days (with 2 out of those 16 being worth over 2M)
  • there's a total of 32 items found with awareness, with 6 out of 32 worth over 2M
In conclusion, there are more items found in general (twice as much for the same period) and the average item worths more with merits than without.

I have the awareness book, which I will use in January (to take advantage of the awareness week) and then I'll post the results here too






Edit:

Since 7th of august I've been tracking my city findings. I had merits, awareness from a zoo, read a book and went through the awareness week.

I'm going to share the data here so that you can take you own conclusions. Overall, this was a lot of fun :)

Link for the data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qT-DTmfYJci7fu2td-B9XHH-Zwu86dKaHuNH-cFDx5E/edit?usp=sharing
07/08/2019 - 06/09/2020 (~31 days)
70% awareness
Big Box of Chocolate Bars1
Box of Bon Bons1
Box of Extra Strong Mints1
Can of Rockstar Rudolph1
Ecstasy1
Glow Stick1
HEG1
Lawyer Business Card1
Morphine1
MP3 Player2
Pack of Music CDs1
Small First Aid Kit1
Stink Bombs1
Throwing Knife1
Vicodin1
07/09/2019 - 01/01/2020 (~115 days)
70% awareness + 10/10 awareness merits
Anti Tank1
Bag of Candy Kisses1
Bag of Chocolate Truffles1
Beretta M91
Bottle of Beer1
Bottle of Champagne2
Bottle of Kandy Kane2
Bottle of Minty Mayhem1
Box of Bon Bons1
Box of Medical Supplies1
Brick1
Bunch of Black Roses1
Can of Crocozade1
Can of Damp Valley1
Can of Munster1
Can of Red Cow1
Can of Santa Shooters2
Can of Taurine Elite1
Cannabis1
Coat Hanger1
Drug Pack1
Empty Blood Bag3
Enfield SA-80 1
Ergonomic Keyboard1
Erotic DVD2
Feathery Hotel Coupon2
First Aid Kit1
Gold Necklace1
Grenade1
Jacket1
Jackhammer1
Katana1
Kitchen Knife1
Leopard Coin1
Lollipop3
LSD1
Monkey Plushie1
Morphine4
MP3 Player1
Neumune Tablet 1
Ninja Stars2
Opium1
Pair of Trainers1
PCP1
Pepper Spray1
Pixie Sticks3
Plain Silver Ring1
Raven MP251
Sapphire Ring1
Screwdriver1
Shrooms1
Single Red Rose1
Small First Aid Kit1
Smoke Grenade3
Stick Grenade1
Stingray Plushie1
Stingray Plushie 1
Tank Top1
Tear Gas2
Throwing Knife1
TMP1
Vicodin1
Xbox1
Xbox 3601
02/01/2020 - 18/01/2020 + 27/01/2020 - 02/02/2020 (~23 days)
70% awareness + 10/10 awareness merits + 2500% book
AK-471
Anti Tank1
Bag of Bon Bons1
Bag of Candy Kisses2
Bag of Chocolate Kisses 1
Bag of Reindeer Droppings1
Baseball Bat1
Beretta 92FS1
Big Box of Chocolate Bars1
Black Senet Pawn1
Blowgun1
Bottle of Champagne1
Bottle of Kandy Kane 1
Bottle of Mistletoe Madness1
Bottle of Pumpkin Brew 2
Box of Bon Bons2
Box of Chocolate Bars4
Box of Extra Strong Mints 1
Box of Medical Supplies2
Box of Sweet Hearts1
Brick2
BT MP9 1
Bulletproof Vest 1
Bunch of Black Roses1
Camel Plushie2
Can of Munster1
Can of Red Cow2
Can of Rockstar Rudolph1
Can of Santa Shooters3
Can of Taurine Elite1
Cannabis1
Chamois Plushie1
Claymore Mine1
Desert Eagle1
Dozen Roses 1
Drug Pack1
Duct Tape1
Ecstasy1
Empty Blood Bag1
Feathery Hotel Coupon3
First Aid Kit3
Flare Gun1
Flash Grenade1
Glow Stick1
Gold Ring1
Grenade1
Grenade1
Hard Drive1
HEG3
Ithaca 371
Jacket1
Katana1
Ketamine1
Kitchen Knife1
Leopard Coin1
Lorcin 3802
Lottery Voucher1
LSD1
M249 PARA LMG 1
Minigun1
Monkey Plushie1
Morphine3
MP 401
Ninja Stars3
Opium1
Outer Tactical Vest2
Pack of Cuban Cigars1
Pack of Music CDs2
Pair of Glasses 1
Pearl Necklace2
Pepper Spray3
Pixie Sticks1
Raven MP251
Red Fox Plushie1
Ruger 22/451
Rusty Sword1
Sapphire Ring1
Senet Board1
Shabti Sculpture 2
Shrooms1
Single Red Rose1
Small Explosive Device3
Small First Aid Kit10
Speed1
Springfield 1911-A12
Stick Grenade7
Tank Top1
Tear Gas2
Teddy Bear Plushie2
Throwing Knife4
Tracking Device2
Trench Coat1
Tumble Dryer 1
Vairocana Buddha Sculpture1
Vicodin1
Xanax1
19/01/2020 - 26/01/2020
70% awareness + 10/10 awareness merits + 2500% book + awareness week
AK74u1
Bag of Candy Kisses 2
Bag of Tootsie Rolls1
Bottle of Beer1
Bottle of Pumpkin Brew2
Box of Grenades1
Can of Munster1
Can of Rockstar Rudolph1
Can of Santa Shooters2
Can of Taurine Elite1
Cannabis1
Dozen Roses1
First Aid Kit1
Flamethrower 1
Grenade1
HEG1
Katana1
Leopard Coin2
LSD1
Morphine1
Pack of Blank CDs : 1001
Pepper Spray2
Pixie Sticks1
Playstation1
S&W Revolver1
Samurai Sword1
Sawed-Off Shotgun1
Small First Aid Kit1
Smoke Grenade 1
Speed1
Stainless Steel Watch1
Stick Grenade1
Tear Gas1
Trainers1
Vicodin1
LAG [2085443]
Awareness increases your ability and the quality of the item that you are able to find in the city. Every day at midnight (TCT) you will have a chance to spawn one or more items in the city, find these by zooming in on the city map! (you can also see what and where these items are located using DoctorN created by Mauk [1494436]). To trigger this you simply need to be online once a day - activity no longer has an effect.

Mentions: Mauk [1494436] · Awarness Bug · DoctorN, now with Stakeouts.

dr4gon [1626180]
erm.. I think someone has mis-informed you about awareness mechanics. It improves the odds of items spawning as well as the quality of spawns. It has nothing to do with the size of items in city map.

@OP, looking forward to your findings.
Jynx [2087322]
How much e did you spend on each of these two findings?

edit - yeah, sorry.. was thinking of searching the dump... always consider both a waste of points and e
MasterOfSystem [155541]
My data really proves that wrong.

If it would be 16 items without awareness and 18 or 20 with, you could be right. But it was twice as much for the same period.

And, besides that, before joining the zoo I was only finding 1 or 2 items a week. So going to a zoo already had a clear impact.
ChaosReigns [2169241]
Awareness is bullshit.

Sometime around mid August I found Dumbbells in the city. Today whilst using Finders Keepers I have now found a Skateboard. I have been using Finders Keepers for the past 4 days but apart from that I have no merits in Awareness and I do not have any Awareness job specials either.

To be fair, I did not have high hopes for this book as I was always led to believe Awareness is dog shit anyway. I have now made the pledge to never moan about another City Find for the next decade at least.
Brakier [2095393]
thats not how awareness works, awareness increase the chance of getting one or more items on every new day in the city, thou it dosent increase the quality of the item, but whit greater quanatiy, your chance to get a better item gets higher.

awareness has nothing to do whit the item icon size
Indubitably [2117849]
This doesn't really mean anything. One month I'll find 5 items, the next month I'll find 20+

I didn't change my merits or anything... it's just luck. Adding 100% in awareness would probably equate to a few more items but not double. If that was credible a book would spawn 20+ items a day but it doesn't.
D3vl [710249]
Very interesting to see the difference in effect. But is this a one time testing? Perhaps do this through 6 months on each (a year in total) to see the real statistics.
Norm [1921594]
I will add. City finds seem to be better when using mobile. Could b coeincidence, but I have also found that more people are winning slots playing mobile. #chedsopmobilesite