Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Torn is getting...... boring..?

Started by Xkillerz137 [1784329] on in General Discussion.

68 replies · 1.67k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 69 / 69 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
69
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
63 / 100
Engagement score
78 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Faction 14441 ×1

Xkillerz137 [1784329]
Now, before you all grab your pitchforks and burn me at the stake. Let's take a minute to stop and think.

The forums are rampant with whining over Torn being "Broken" and all the DB's getting dropped as of late. Our famous forum trolls are whining over dumb little things and taking up all of GD.

day 200's are taking over Trade Chat begging for loans and PI while some day 60's are sitting in PI's with 10B+ Networth. What is happening to this game?

Now I'm not the best player, not even close. But I would say I have been pretty active in the community and in the daily hustle and bustle of the city. But I still find most of my fun in losing a few billion each day in Russian Roulette. The game is losing the charm it once had on me. Now maybe its just me, and I'm okay with that. But I'm hoping I can find something the rejuvenate my love for this game. Yesterday was my sixth Torn B-Day and It felt like nothing. I felt like I have been doing the same thing forever. I've been a Trader, Healer, Fighter, and so on. Maybe not the best in each but I have taken my good part in all. Now I just spend my days shooting myself in the foot until my Med CD gets maxed.

Now for the discussion. How do you guys spend your time in the city? Do you find the game to be getting boring and losing its charm?
Any advice on how to keep the game fresh?

Edit: I think the DB's are wonderful by the way keep sending em.

Edit 2: F**k can't be that boring if im here at 2:30 in the morning still shooting myself. Someone help me
evanarmagast [512496]
Sounds like you just need a new goal. That’s really the fun of any and all RPG types. You had a goal with being a trader, fighter, and healer, and now you’re just burnt out. Consider a new goal, however lofty, or maybe taking a short break and coming back when some
new features/goals might have presented themselves.

Personally, I find most of my joy in collecting awards. It gets dull on occasion, but collecting a long sought after one nearly always feels rewarding. And with new ones constantly being released, i’ve almost always got smaller goals to strive for while so as not to get burnt out while reaching for larger ones.
Phool [2176935]
This made me laugh - "Now I just spend my days shooting myself in the foot until my Med CD gets maxed."
Only in Torn eh. =)
Tilted [1694357]
it is kinda borin everyone kinda just farms each other with termed wall wars

trains endlessly

waits for crimes2.0

then elim happens and we're hyped for it then theres drama so thats fun for few weeks

then we all hibernate and repeat

pls bring back real wars ched thank
SkinnyPeen [2176021]
I got about as far as "Now"


why the f**k is that bigger than everything else, this isn't a highlighted character from the middleages, so what is it xD
SkinnyPeen [2176021]

Edit 2: F**k can't be that boring if im here at 2:30 in the morning still shooting myself. Someone help me




Xkillerz137 places a single round in the revolver, spins the cylinder and closes it without looking.


Wait, I know you


Krastinov [1542326]
You could lvl up a bit, maybe take the odd xan, improve ur stats and possibly ur nw although mine aint much better. But with all due respect, if u say youve done and been it all, trader, fighter, healer.....well it doesnt really show much flicking thru ur stats. It actually looks like youve been bored ever since u signed up. But maybe its just a phase ur going thru. Dont forget that the majority are having fun, whatever they do here. Cheers
Xkillerz137 [1784329]
Well, I can't say much about the stats but the Networth being low is the result of spending all of my money shooting myself in the foot.
And yeah it's probably just me, I can agree with that.
Muthannnaa [2150016]
OP - "The forums are rampant with whining over Torn being "Broken"

Proceeds to whine about Torn being Broken :)

Well its all shits and giggles. I like the torn community. i feel we area all a helpful caring and sensitive bunch.
Krastinov [1542326]
I have that feeling twice a month tbh, when i question myself wtf this shite here is all about and if its worth the effort lol