Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Expose API Limit to returned data

Started by Wingmanjd [2127679] on in API Development.

6 replies · 113 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
8
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
71 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
30 / 100
Engagement score
50 / 100

Most-liked replies

Wingmanjd [2127679]
Would it be possible to add a key: value pair to api responses that returns the remaining number of calls left for that minute? The API knows when I hit the limit. I'd love to know for sure where I'm at during larger pulls to avoid maxing out.

Thanks either way
DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee Committee
If you have 1 application yeah.

I run:
  • 2x DoctorN (2 calls a minute each) on desktop and laptop
  • Trading Spreadsheet (4 calls a minute, 1 extra every 15 minutes)
  • Informational Spreadsheets (2 call a day)
I do not have a problem with the 100 calls, my problem is that I do not know how much I do every minute.
My usage is not the same every minute, especially with 'manual' calls. Examples: userscripts, bazaar check, etc.
Wingmanjd [2127679]
Hi Loubaker,
Yes, if I were to limit calls to 1 per second for a single pull, your rate makes sense. To Dekleinekobini's point, I may be logged into various tools across multiple devices, or I might want to try someone else's tool out that use up more than I expect This would let me know how many calls are being made on my behalf.
LouBaker [1162207]
Ok, you got me, I do only run my own app's which are all faction related apart from DoctorN and TornTools which I know are safe

But I did find out when adding DoctorN to another Browser I got to many requests error very quickly and it wasn't that I had called over a 100 calls it was dew to calling to fast and overlapping calls within the same second caused error 5 - To Many Request

Also, the New DoctorN's default update time was set to 5 seconds, which I am surprised Mauk hasn't adjusted

I know we need a call counter and we have asked Chedburn in the past and he still hasn't given us it