Has anyone else watched the brand new professional wrestling show on TNT?
It airs on Wednesday evening at 8:00pm EST opposite of WWE NXT on USA which means one thing for wrestling fans of new and old.... WAR!
All Elite Wrestling is chock full of talent from around the world, and offers an alternative to people who have grown tired of the same old crap they've seen on WWE for the past 15 years.
They started their company with 4 PPV within a year span then went live this past week. For the first time since I was a kid in the early 2000s, I can actually say again, I can't wait for next weeks episode!!
I have watched it and it looks good so far
Wow a reply haha I thought it got left behind.
This show has proven itself a worthy product! Gold every week on tv. Such great entertainment!!
I went to the first TNT show in DC. Enjoyed it. I've liked each of the shows and PPVs so far. Some of the talent could use some (a lot) of work but overall it's a really good product. Looking forward to this Wednesday's show.
I am so jealous lol I can't wait until they make the trip north of the border I'll be scooping up tickets immediately.
The show is just so great. It really is a breath of fresh air in the world of professional wrestling. Ran by a group of people who grew up in an amazing time in professional wrestling history when there was pure entertainment week in and week out. Must-see-tv back in the late 90s and into early 2000s.
We are back in a time of unscripted promos, natural character acts (more of an extension of themselves). They're not forced to play some dumb gimmick created by a group of suits and lines force fed to them to regurgitate and try to make sound legit. It is all legit. Cursing, middle fingers, hardcore matches, guys who walk a fine line between heel and face. All of it is just amazing to see again. Plus the crowds.. I haven't seen this consistently hot of crowds in idk how long. Every week its non stop action and keeps the crowd into it.
This feels like the first true start-up company that will give WWE a run for their money in the long haul.
I'm all about AEW. And being a 30 year old I used to be embarrassed to admit I watched a bit of pro wrestling. Ever since this came around though I'm telling everyone about it who used to like wrestling in the 80s 90s and early 00s.
Sorry for rant Haha its just so refreshing.
Tonight's show in chicago should be insane. Back to the city that started it all. Itll be like a ppv on tv, I can't wait.
i went to the Pittsburgh show few weeks back, was pretty fun!
Just popped back in to say a month later I'm still impressed with aew
Yeah man me too. They have their minor adjustments they could make, but overall it's just petty stuff lol. They've settled into tv fairly well, storylines are developed. And not only do storylines make sense,they all seem to intersect with each other which just gives the show that much more legitimacy. It's not 5 or 6 standalone random storylines, they all work off each other. It's great TV.
It's great!
Other than the nightmare collective I've really liked everything about Aew. Was ecstatic to see indy names like Chuck Taylor and recently Orange Cassidy get national TV time. Luchasaurus has become a favorite of mine and I'm loving le champion. Hoping 2020 they figure out their women's division and I'm hoping to see Kris Statlander as champion.
I would agree with everything you said there lol.
Last week marked the first week that I missed.. wasnt home and it was about halfway through when I realised I forgot to record it. That sucked.
Even though alot of people still have a problem with them, I've been digging the dark order pretty much the whole time.
Revolution was awesome. Top to bottom, great card.
La champion's reign is done, now its time for the Moxley era to begin.
Darby and Sammy put on a helluva match!
The tag title match was amazing. Such great in ring work both physically and psychologically. These guys are telling a great, long-term story. I think they teased just about every scenario after the match. Hangman turn on omega? Omega turn on hangman? Omega/bucks turn on hangman? Bucks turn on everyone? The options are endless.. who knows where this storyline is headed.
I'm looking forward to dynamite to see the fallout from everything.
Sammy and darby though, those guys highlighted the best of themselves. That 630 onto the table was a thing of beauty!
How good was Double or Nothing? The stadium stampede match! I've never laughed so much during a wrestling match. It was awesome!
That match was hands down the best thing I've seen in a long time.
I went into it thinking wtf is this even going to look like.. and I'm with you, I laughed my ass off the whole time. It was incredible. Just an all around fun match! Sammynis going to be killed before 30 if they keep using him the way they have been lmao. Everything about that match was amazing.
Sorry for late reply I didn't notice a comment until now lol