Bounty Messages
Started by DammitArcher [2036722] on in Suggestions.
Posts archived: 34 / 34 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Bump
R+
Bump
Bump.
Boop.
Boople snoot?
R+
This is how it was originally, and still resulted in just immense whining and unnecessary amounts of staff time being, in all honesty, completely wasted in having to deal with constant reports in completely petty scenarios - which is still the case, but to a lesser extent at least.
What happened to "I will not cave to popular opinion / demand" Bogie
This game is becoming softer than Facebook.
OP - R+
This game is becoming softer than Facebook.
OP - R+
This isn't a case of caving to popular demand, this is a case of you guys clearly can't behave yourselves so you get your toys confiscated.
So, wait, I want to make sure I understand:
Originally, if the victim was ignoring or ignored by the bounty placer, everyone but the victim could see the message. This was changed so that ...the victim, who couldn't see the message, wouldn't see the message? I don't understand. What valid complaint could the victim have -- that the bounty placer was mean to them with a bounty description they couldn't see?
I would think a complaint of "this bastage scammed me but I can't let everyone know they're claiming bounties on a scammer" would be at least as valid, if not more so.
Originally, if the victim was ignoring or ignored by the bounty placer, everyone but the victim could see the message. This was changed so that ...the victim, who couldn't see the message, wouldn't see the message? I don't understand. What valid complaint could the victim have -- that the bounty placer was mean to them with a bounty description they couldn't see?
I would think a complaint of "this bastage scammed me but I can't let everyone know they're claiming bounties on a scammer" would be at least as valid, if not more so.
If people just said things like "scammer" it wouldn't be a problem, but at the point where we have to clear up pages of people having all kinds of mass derogatory comments displayed publicly across the game it becomes a bit more problematic.
That point is valid (and likely a point against bounty reasons as a whole, if we're being honest and objective), but I don't see how it's a point specifically against ignored targets. As it stands, you can simply ignore someone and it stops all forms of bounty messages, removing often the only way to dime someone out for their crimes (yadda yadda Dude blah blah forum cancer).
I just don't see how the targeting of ignored bounty messages alone solves or alleviates a problem.
I just don't see how the targeting of ignored bounty messages alone solves or alleviates a problem.