Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Rose Exchange

Started by SerenityRose [1929438] on in General Discussion.

25 replies · 616 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
26
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
25 / 100
Story score
57 / 100
Engagement score
68 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

SerenityRose [1929438] ×1

SerenityRose [1929438]
Hi all. Thanks to the many who have donated roses and the few who have purchased them.

I'm using the wifi at my gym membership...paid for by insurance not by me... How Torncore is that? To play Torn for a few moments.

I feel bad that I can't play as much but I've hit the data limit on my phone. I lost my MacBook pro at the pawn shop this week and I'm really sad. That was where I did my art and now it's gone. Returning to film school seems even more of a pipe dream. Life can be cruel. Thanks for all the support. Those who disagree your entitled but I deal with police that are convinced that it's a crime to be homeless. Like it's a life choice for everyone?

I'll share this post I left for my faction. I'm finding it hard to chain and survive right now.

: I'll try to be there
SerenityRose: I never know where I'm going to be at a particular time so it's hard to plan on sitting down and chaining. I'm leaving Boulder, CO to try and figure something out in Portland Maine.
SerenityRose: I've gotten 4 camping tickets in the last month. Gotta go to court in the morning. Sucks being illegal to sleep outdoors. The shelter kicked me out for smoking pot while I was recovering from being hit by a minivan. Still haven't gotten to go back to work...
SerenityRose: I've hit my limit I think
SerenityRose: f**k the Police!
SerenityRose: Most of the people I camp with have set up a tent City in Boulder CO. I f**king love it.
SerenityRose: The police can ticket us until their blue in the face we ain't leaving. Well... I'm going to Maine but my street family is still gonna hold down the line.
SerenityRose: Harassing homeless is bullshit. I don't sleep outdoors by choice.
Last message: Tue, 02:32 - TCT



Mentions: SerenityRose [1929438]

Powder [1456875]
The truth is too unpopular for snowflake b*tches. Carry on showing pity to someone who had shelter and chose to violate the rules.
Wiber [2065939]
Sounds pretty tough for you at the moment. Living in poverty can certainly open up a new perspective. Good luck in Portland. Hope some luck comes your way.
ISHAAN [2112856]
Nobody dreams of becoming homeless, Its nobody's plan.

We plan, okay this summer I'm gonna buy a house here, next summer I'm gonna buy a mansion there. We plan that. We never say that, this November, I'm gonna go homeless. Nobody plans that.

It just happens. People cheat also, I think people take advantage also. But those are the people who really put good things in perspective.

I hope everything works out for you.
Penetration [2340613]
Sounds like life is giving you extra challenges lately. Torn I would think would be on the bottom of your priority list, even if it can be comforting.
JustJanet [911066]
Is there no family that can give you a couch to sleep on? I know homelessness is a huge issue in this country but I just can’t fathom having no where to turn for help. Family, friends, church, or outreach organizations should be there to help it seems. I realize you broke the rules at the shelter. Are there no other shelters?

the ticket thing is a joke. If you have no money to pay for shelter, where do they expect you to find money to pay a fine? Although how’d you get money for pot? I have a friend who is close to homeless and while he can’t always pay his rent, he always has pot. That seems like a luxury that should be sacrificed to keep a shelter over ones head.


Good luck in Maine. Homeless in snowy areas seems awful. I hope you land somewhere that offers warmth.
Penetration [2340613]
I'm not sure why you would dislike what I said. I'm sympathetic to your situation. It's one no one wants to be in. If I was in your shoes I would be focused on improving my living conditions anyway I can rather than being worried about faction chains. I get your situation isn't a choice, but how you focus your time, thoughts and efforts is your choice. Maybe in doing so your situation doesn't improve but if your time and efforts are centered around an online game than your situation is almost guaranteed not to improve.

My roommate is from the US. At one point he spent a year sleeping in his car. Life knocked him down and he was in a tough place, finding it hard to eat at times and what not. The situation wasn't identical to yours but it also wasn't easy to get out of. But he focused, worked his ass off and now he owns his own apt and is a regional manager in the field of psychology.

I can't remember who said it originally, "You are what you think about all day."

I honestly hope things turn around for you.
Cherreh [1522242]
I’m sorry that you’re going through this. :(
Please continue to seek opportunities to get yourself out of that situation.
It’s no time to “f**k the police”


You know shelters have rules and obligations you have to meet- stick to them. Especially if it’s the only place that keeps you off the streets.


Use the little things (gym WiFi) to look for resources instead of logging into Torn. Torn will always be here, your well being and your REAL life is more important.


Best of luck to you. Keep your head up.
CoolguyRuler [2183404]
Bro WTF

I dislike your post because it shows insensitivity and you bounty me and block me?

you seriously need to get a life.

BTW bounty me all you want. I'm just laughing at your stupidity. In a way I guess i could say; Thank you.
CoolguyRuler [2183404]
Lol have fun wasting your money

like I said the whole affair just makes me laugh

and Im gonna continue to piss you off

LOOK AT ME GO!!!
JustJanet [911066]
For a dislike? M!?! That’s how you handle a dislike?!

Wow. The level of salt in you is clearly toxic. Drink some water. Try to flush that shit out.
Ricky-Bobby [297109]
do what you can to survive! ive walked around picking up pop cans and scrap metal on foot to pay bills before. 1st thing i would do if i was you would be to cancel your subscriber status. still play the game but if possible get it via torn cash.

dont forget about public libraries they have clean bathrooms for going #2 and what not so they will be clean and have TP could also buy a bottle of soap from the dollar tree maybe find a bathroom location with a single toilet maybe like the family/handicap bathrooms at walmarts with the single toilet and a locking door.

if you present yourself as a friendly person at a local church some times older people may float you a 10 spot or something to cut the grass not much but its eating money.

if possible try to avoid begging lot of people harass beggars...there are a lot of scammer beggars so people think they all are scammers.

if for some reason you was to resort to prostitution which i personally would not recommend but i bring it up because some may think hey a quick $50 for a blow...you gotta be careful some people may kidnap and cause you harm or death.

be safe and stay strong.
Lordevo [1672824]
i've known a few people who had to rise up from the bottom. they are all doing pretty well in life now. just think of this as playing life in hard mode. set a goal and keep working on it. since you are already at the bottom, you can go down even more. the only way is up from this point. just keep moving forward. im sure an opportunity will turn up. all the best to you!
JustJanet [911066]
I just watched Jim Jeffries. He went to a bordello in Nevada where it is legal, and interviewed sex workers. On of them was getting her PhD and started out as researching the trade. She or one of the others he spoke to said that sex trade workers working out on the street were 400x more likely to be murdered!! That’s an insane number!!