All sorts of awesome options for new items.
New Item: Shield
Started by iribuya [2103695] on in Suggestions.
Posts archived: 83 / 83 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
I like the first suggestion. With the second I think it could unbalance the relative advantages of dex v defence unless there was a companion item created for that.
Maybe make wearing less gear and armor increase dodge chance or something?[image: s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com]
Edit... forgot the speed part of the suggestion... joke stays though.
Uhm shield could increase miss chance of flash and protect against pepper spray maybe. Blocking your face with a shield sounds smart.
Edit... forgot the speed part of the suggestion... joke stays though.
Uhm shield could increase miss chance of flash and protect against pepper spray maybe. Blocking your face with a shield sounds smart.
up
I would personally use it whenever I logged off for a while or flew. It’s a defense item and I would use it as such. It’s a great idea imo.
I think any defense bonus would be highly abused and OP even if it has drawbacks like -50% str (since it uses 1 hand) or limited to just pistols, daggers and temps equipped and there's not much counterplay to it. So how about a hit points bonus instead.
yeah a shield slot would be good but then that would mean we should be able to equip second pistols for a akimbo style with increase and decrease in other stats of similarity to the shield so like more damage less speed and accuracy
Do a Tyrion Lannister and smash someone's skull in with it
I thought a Tyrion Lannister was when you killed your dad while he's on the toilet.
[image: media0.giphy.com]
[image: media0.giphy.com]
up
I actually love this. #bringbackknights
5 more votes needed
Up vote xD
Now i want a drone equipped machine gun cycling around over our head which will help attack our enemy.
Up
Definitely a great idea. I'd love to have it.
Yeah screw all those dex users! Pump that def up boy! Cause that's all we want one build for ever!
There was a plan to add 'Riot Shield' / 'Tactical Shield'.
Using it would appear on the model covering most of your body, making you invulnerable in those areas, however it would only for the turn you used it on. You would have to keep using it on every turn to maintain it, and switching to a weapon would place the shield down. So it would be purely for defensive purposes to tank damage / lengthening a fight / waiting out DOTs, as you would not be able to make additional offensive turns while using it.
The plan was for it to take up the "Temporary" slot, but it would be reusable. A significantly high damage hit would have a chance to destroy it however.
That plan doesn't seem to align at all with what is suggested however, which is I believe is a shield covering the body permanently while constant use of the secondary / melee / temp weapons are allowed? I'm not sure I super agree with that - nor would I really want to see it become commonplace in Torn?
Using it would appear on the model covering most of your body, making you invulnerable in those areas, however it would only for the turn you used it on. You would have to keep using it on every turn to maintain it, and switching to a weapon would place the shield down. So it would be purely for defensive purposes to tank damage / lengthening a fight / waiting out DOTs, as you would not be able to make additional offensive turns while using it.
The plan was for it to take up the "Temporary" slot, but it would be reusable. A significantly high damage hit would have a chance to destroy it however.
That plan doesn't seem to align at all with what is suggested however, which is I believe is a shield covering the body permanently while constant use of the secondary / melee / temp weapons are allowed? I'm not sure I super agree with that - nor would I really want to see it become commonplace in Torn?
If I have misunderstood the OP (I believed it was implied that "using" the shield would take a turn, not allowing you to use any weapons), then I prefer your idea. Although I'd rather it took a primary slot than a temporary, that feels much more logical.
I think to make it more fair, it could take up the primary slot, with limited number of secondary items able to be used with it. You could even add an education to learn how to shield bash with it to stun an opponent, with kinds the same effect as a stun grenade.
Overall I think it would be a great defensive item with plenty of non game breaking possibilities
Overall I think it would be a great defensive item with plenty of non game breaking possibilities