Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

website breaking down

Started by Raptorr [2237649] on in Bugs & Issues.

18 replies · 171 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
5
Likes on archived posts
2
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
56 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
41 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100

Most-liked replies

Raptorr [2237649]
I am not sure if it’s something to do on my end but Torn keeping refreshing by itself and breaking down. I reported this sometime back then it went away but it has started up again.

I will post the image of the error, soon.
Raptorr [2237649]
I turned the iPad off-on and it seems to have resolved it for now. I think I did the same thing last time.

Some more details:
- it only happens to Torn, no other websites are affected
- starts when the multitasking tabs on iPad Pro are being constantly used.
- the problem only occurs on the new iPad iOS 13
- when it happens it affects all the browsers
Rum4nyby [1567187]
I’ve begun to experience this a little on PC, if I’m reading this right. Torn just completely crashes for a few minutes at a time, and when it does, all of my browser windows and tabs are screwed until it fixes itself.
Shindig [865748] Officer Officer
Oh, I thought that was my chrome book, but that is happening to me too I think? Everything turns to treacle and parts of pages don't load until it suddenly wakes up a minute later.
Rum4nyby [1567187]
Unfortunately not. It hasn't happened to me today funnily enough, though it was happening to me constantly for about 3 days straight before then. So idk.

Can't even take a screenshot, the screenshot tool is on my browser and my entire browser is unusable when the bug happens.
Shindig [865748] Officer Officer
Ditto, i did try to take a screenshot when it happened, but my browser was locked up and I was kinda busy. It's not happened since though.
Rum4nyby [1567187]
Just happened to me. My entire laptop is frozen thanks to it. I’m typing this from my phone. Idk wats wrong with torn, it’s the only thing open. Ran anti virus scans plenty of times today because I’m cautious, no viruses or malware or anything. Just torn.
Rum4nyby [1567187]
Was supposed to quote you earlier. Also, it’s breaking for me on google chrome, if that helps. Literally nothing else open.
Stewie [1494547]
So, where are we at with this? Is it still occurring? I managed to solve Rum4nyby's issue in chat by having them do a browser reset.
Stewie [1494547]
In that case, I think we can close this for now!

Please let us know if this reoccurs and if it can be replicated consistently after restarting your device / clearing cache / etc.

Thanks!